Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #101
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

ahhahha bonzo beat me!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #102
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
thats the most disgusting post ive seen you make in this whole thread. Do you think a parent wants their child to run into the street and get hit by a car? No. Kids play. They play in their front yards...they play touch football in the streets. they have basketball hoops on the curbs and skateboards on the sidewalks....accidents happen.

if you say that you never played in the streets then your a liar
I stand by every word, I don't have any kids of my own but I have a niece and nephew I love very much and yes I was a kid once and yes as I said kids don't always listen but if you haven't figured out that **** happens yet, you must not have been around very long. I stated its tragic for a child to get hurt and yes I would hope and pray if they do it wouldn't be serious but kids simply don't belong in the street and they shouldn't be, I would hope you would attempt to get threw to them. I know I would not let my child play in or by the street.

Edit- Ofcourse there are certain exclusions to this , like if a adult is watching, if the street is blocked off or if its at a dead end but still they should be watched at all times.

Edit2- Getting back to the part about calling me a liar, well you will probably have to cause I grew up not even on a main road in a Village in Westchester county NY and it was a 30MPH regular side street and I have never played football, street hockey or anything out there and there where many kids on my block and I don't think I once saw anyone playing anything directly by the street or on the sidewalk, we always went to the park or into someone yard (usually fenced in)

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-27-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Formulalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #103
Formulalt1

I do not disagree with the fact its a good idea to wear your seatbelt and I do buckle up every time I get behind the wheel and usually ask my passengers to do the same unless they are really old, in which case its up to them (gotta respect the elders enough to not try to boss them around IMO) but I do not like under any circumstances being told what I can and can not do in a supposedly free country (yeah a free country that has camera's at intersections, highways and tolls making sure you are a good little boy or girl) when it comes to my own personal safety, you can argue back and fourth on who foots the bill but at the end of he day, its your life you are gambling with and if anyone of us dies driving one of our cars while not wearing our seatbelt, financially is it really going to have that big of a impact on you personally?

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #104
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
If there are 25 zones there is usually a reason. Granted not always, But usually.
Come to NE jersey and say that... if they could get away wth it theyd make the damn highways 25...

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #105
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulalt1 View Post
I do not disagree with the fact its a good idea to wear your seatbelt and I do buckle up every time I get behind the wheel and usually ask my passengers to do the same
I can vouch for him there

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 05-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #106
btownws6

I wear my seatbelt all the time b/c i have a young daughter and whether they help you in a crash or not i would like to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day so if it may help me in an accident then i'll take the chance if not oh well i tried
btownws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #107
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah View Post
Come to NE jersey and say that... if they could get away wth it theyd make the damn highways 25...
That is because people drive like animals in north Jersey.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #108
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
That is because people drive like animals in north Jersey.
And we're damn proud of it!

Staying on topic... I used to wear my seatbelt 100% of the time, but once I started valet parking in college it broke the habit... so now sometimes if im in a driveway or parking lot and not hitting the actual road i wont have it on.

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #109
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownws6 View Post
I wear my seatbelt all the time b/c i have a young daughter and whether they help you in a crash or not i would like to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day so if it may help me in an accident then i'll take the chance if not oh well i tried
its also good to set an example for your daughter...i was thinking about it and i do a lot of things subconsciously that my father does only because he does them
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:57 AM   #110
BobonaStick
15 Second Club

The choice to wear the damn seatbelts should be your own. When I drive my car i always where it, but when i'm out in my truck i refuse to wear it.
2003 International 4300 - DT466 A5, Jerrdan 21' Rollback, Shiny Simulators.. Bling Bling Rattle Box
- iLLmINDED oNE -
BobonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #111
nj85z28

I havent gotten that ticket in a while for actually not wearing it. A cop gave one me about a year ago for doing something else, which i can't remember what it was anyway. But he was cool about it and gave me a seatbelt ticket saving me some money. I always wear my seatbelt, ive lost a few friends in accidents where they did not wear them and was lucky enough to be saved by a seatbelt myself in a roll over.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #112
band77one
15 Second Club

i got 3 this week. fmylife. but i think ill be wearing it from now on. i mean, i literally got pulled over and ticketed, right in front of my driveway, im not kidding. but on another note, i think its bs they have to pull this click it or ticket **** because the cops give out so many warnings instead of tickets, we pay them to cause traffic jams, road slow downs, and all kinds of other nonsense for a whole entire month. maybe if the cops did their jobs and ticketed instead of constant warnings, we wouldnt have to enforce this whole entire month of aggravation.
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #113
BigAls87Z28

Is it a revenue driver? Yes it is.
Someone said it before, but everyone went right over it like the speed bumps you mention.
Driving is a privilage, not a right. Follow the rules or you lose the ability to drive your car.
The only choice you have as a driver is to either follow the rules, or break them. That should be the end of that disucssion. You do have a choice. If your choice is to NOT wear it, you will be given a ticket because thats the rule.
I chose not to follow the speed limit. You might chose to not follow the seat belt laws, or drink and drive, or street race. That is up to you, but know that thoes choices are against the law, and you will be delt with fines, points, and possible jail time.

This has been a Big Al Public Service Announcement. Now you can all go **** yourselves.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #114
Knipps

Quote:
I do not disagree with the fact its a good idea to wear your seatbelt and I do buckle up every time I get behind the wheel and usually ask my passengers to do the same unless they are really old, in which case its up to them (gotta respect the elders enough to not try to boss them around IMO) but I do not like under any circumstances being told what I can and can not do in a supposedly free country (yeah a free country that has camera's at intersections, highways and tolls making sure you are a good little boy or girl) when it comes to my own personal safety, you can argue back and fourth on who foots the bill but at the end of he day, its your life you are gambling with and if anyone of us dies driving one of our cars while not wearing our seatbelt, financially is it really going to have that big of a impact on you personally?
Your freedom ends when it interferes with someone else's. Be it running red lights, speeding, etc. Since when is having a toll (to pay for the road & its upkeep) making sur eyou're a good boy/girl?

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #115
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
Your freedom ends when it interferes with someone else's. Be it running red lights, speeding, etc. Since when is having a toll (to pay for the road & its upkeep) making sur eyou're a good boy/girl?
Me running a light interferes with your freedom?. A "police officer" stated to me recently and I agree that recording you while inside your car is a invasion of your privacy. Yes and being a good boy or girl, if you would like me to explain I will. That you stop at every "yellow" light, that your ezpass always registers (I like this one cause every single one of my cars have a Ezpass in them but I get about 5 tickets a month I have to take the time dialing in and explaining that there equipment sucks), that you always put in exact change, that you don't get red flagged on the highway, whatever it may be to be a perfect little citizen. I understand being unlucky and having a cop catching you doing something wrong but we are soon going to be on red alert to not take one false step the minute we step out our doors. I personally don't want to live in a place where I feel like I am on 24 hour surveillance, you might love it and thats your right .

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-30-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #116
Frosty

Quote:
A "police officer" stated to me recently and I agree that recording you while inside your car is a invasion of your privacy.
Technically that "police officer" is completely wrong. Driving isn't a right(contrary to illegal immigrants in NJ who think it's their RIGHT to get license but I'm getting off topic). While we pay taxes and registration fees for our vehicles it's still not a right by law. Since it's deemed a privileged the states can do whatever the hell they want. I don't agree with seat belt laws, I don't agree with black boxes...I don't agree with anyone monitoring my driving aside from police officers. However, I also have the choice to waive my driving privilege and take public transportation.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 05-30-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #117
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Technically that "police officer" is completely wrong. Driving isn't a right(contrary to illegal immigrants in NJ who think it's their RIGHT to get license but I'm getting off topic). While we pay taxes and registration fees for our vehicles it's still not a right by law. Since it's deemed a privileged the states can do whatever the hell they want. I don't agree with seat belt laws, I don't agree with black boxes...I don't agree with anyone monitoring my driving aside from police officers. However, I also have the choice to waive my driving privilege and take public transportation.
Well I respect your right to have your own stance on this issue but since I have read of several people having shared my view on the subject and many area's either having delayed installation or removal of this equipment cause the local officials found the argument that it was a invasion of privacy to be legitimate. I will just say this subject is debatable.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #118
Frosty

Quote:
Well I respect your right to have your own stance on this issue but since I have read of several people having shared my view on the subject and many area's either having delayed installation or removal of this equipment cause the local officials found the argument that it was a invasion of privacy to be legitimate. I will just say this subject is debatable.
Oh it's definitely a gray area...I don't agree with the laws either...but the minute you mention "safety" people stop using common sense.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #119
Knipps

Quote:
Me running a light interferes with your freedom?
If you hit me it sure as hell does.
Quote:
A "police officer" stated to me recently and I agree that recording you while inside your car is a invasion of your privacy.
What privacy? you're in PUBLIC.
Quote:
Yes and being a good boy or girl, if you would like me to explain I will. That you stop at every "yellow" light, that your ezpass always registers (I like this one cause every single one of my cars have a Ezpass in them but I get about 5 tickets a month I have to take the time dialing in and explaining that there equipment sucks), that you always put in exact change, that you don't get red flagged on the highway, whatever it may be to be a perfect little citizen.
so following the laws = invasion of your free will. gotcha.
Quote:
I understand being unlucky and having a cop catching you doing something wrong but we are soon going to be on red alert to not take one false step the minute we step out our doors. I personally don't want to live in a place where I feel like I am on 24 hour surveillance, you might love it and thats your right .
I prefer the US to the UK, and being caught isn't about being "unlucky" IMO. but that's just me.

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #120
Formulalt1

Well not to take this thread any farther off topic than I have already but we all assume that laws protect us and if we all just do the right thing we will skate threw bruseless.

Well, I will just tell a short story of what happened to me in Rye, NY about 7 or 8 years ago and maybe this one story will help explain why I feel a certain way about how a very good system can go wrong. I was driving to work one morning in my red corvette that I had at the time when I passed a village officer who proceded to do a 180 in the middle of the road in a intersection and follow me 3 blocks to infront of my work place, he comes over and informs me that my license has been suspended and that my vehicles registration is not valid due to a insurance lapse , I tell him I recently switched companys and that this was all a mistake and if he would please just let me park my car and call my insurance company this could all be straightened out, he then told me "I was not going to talk my way out of this one" (BTW I had a faxed copy from my insurance company showing there was a policy on my car, apparently it "was easy to fake" ). They then proceded to search my vehicle (didn't find a thing that should not be there) as I was handcuffed and put in the back of the car (this all happended infront of all my coworkers by the way who I am sure where wondering what I had done to create a 3 squad car specticle in the middle of our work place).

They then removed the plates from my car and despite me begging for a flatbed (apparently I don't have a right for them not to ruin my car either) had a regular tow truck show up and drag my car god knows where (cause and I swear, I was not allowed to know where my vehicle was being kept til my case was decided in my favor). I then had to call my sister to come bail me out who had to leave work and drive 40 minutes to come do this for me. It took me 3 weeks and 3 trips to the dmw to prove I had insurance on my vehicle and my registration and license to be cleared up, now would anyone like to guess who was responsible for the towing and holding fee's on my now scratched and banged up corvette? . Yup, it was a huge eye opening experience that did not just end there.

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-30-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #121
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
1. If you hit me it sure as hell does.

2. What privacy? you're in PUBLIC.

3. so following the laws = invasion of your free will. gotcha.

4. I prefer the US to the UK, and being caught isn't about being "unlucky" IMO. but that's just me.
1. Was that the question, cause what if I don't hit you? and I have never heard of this right to not accidently get hit while crossing a intersection. Is this in the constitution's bill of rights?. Cause this is " No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws" but yet get caught without insurance or catch a DWI and the state will take possesion of your vehicle before you have been convicted (in some but not all places in a tristate area)..

2. Are you also lacking in your right to privacy when in a "public" bathroom? . Are you free from a right to privacy while at a "public" atm machine? Do you lose all your rights to privacy once you step foot into a public area?. Strange and I hope that is not actually the case .

3. Oh you got me so good on that one I have nothing to come back at you with except . Read my last post please.

4. Ok, so your argument is that as long as there is a country who has things even worse then us its ok?. Good to know . I hope you never gain the distaste for the law gone wrong like I have.

Edit- I officially cave, I really don't want to post/debate/argue/respond to this thread anymore (I know I keep saying that but some comments hit a nerve and I am dragged back in). Topics like this tend to aggravate me and I don't really want to come off as being rude when I tend to not like the system not the people who agree with it cause you are just expressing your beliefs the same way I am expressing mine. So feel free to attack my stance, my beliefs, why I feel the way I do or the way I view certain laws, rights or privilages. Hell, agree with me for all I care, I'm done.

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-31-2009 at 01:46 AM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge