Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #176
Slow-V6

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
really?
I am sorry but I dont view drinking as a drug.. I remember giving a toast at my buddies wedding being the best man with my wine.. To me thats not a drug.. I couldnt see myself giving a toast with a Blunt in my hand at weddings because you say Pot is a Natual substance and should be compared with alcholol..

I would love to see this topic on capital hill with all the discussions in the house and senate.. I would buy a tickets to watch..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 04-28-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #177
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
[

I am sorry but I dont view drinking as a drug.. I remember giving a toast at my buddies wedding being the best man with my wine.. To me thats not a drug.. I couldnt see myself giving a toast with a Blunt in my hand at weddings because you say Pot is a Natual substance and should be compared with alcholol..

thats the difference. you wouldnt hold up a blunt...a bong would make a better centerpiece/toasting device

and just because your personal opinion doesnt see alcohol as a drug doesnt mean its not. because even if you ask officer friendly. alcohol is a drug. in fact you have to do more to alcohol scientifically to make it a potent substance than you do to mary jane. you cant just walk up to a corn plant and milk it and get some moonshine can you?
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #178
Slow-V6

Quote:
thats the difference. you wouldnt hold up a blunt...a bong would make a better centerpiece/toasting device

and just because your personal opinion doesnt see alcohol as a drug doesnt mean its not. because even if you ask officer friendly. alcohol is a drug. in fact you have to do more to alcohol scientifically to make it a potent substance than you do to mary jane. you cant just walk up to a corn plant and milk it and get some moonshine can you?

That would work better!!

Just like your personal opinion doesnt see that Pot is an illegal Drug when it is and untill it becomes legal it will remain an illegal drug. Doesnt matter if it grows or is manufactured it is still an illegal drug..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #179
NastyEllEssWon

its only illegal if you dont have a prescription card bro.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #180
Slow-V6

Quote:
its only illegal if you dont have a prescription card bro.
Damn... I thought it was only illegal if you got caught?? At least thats the way it was 10 years ago!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #181
NastyEllEssWon

you fought the lol...and the lol won.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #182
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
You read that in one of those "official brochures for tourists"? Have you actually been there, or spoke to someone who has a first hand experience? I'm gonna go with a "no".

There are a crap load of ODs and junkies sitting on the corner of the street with a needle in their arm. What a great sights to see! I'm not sure if you have kids but imagine you are taking a stroll in the park with one of them and there's a dude ODing right in front of you, ahhh nice - right Considering the fact that a lot of drug offenses are just a slap on the wrist over there, cops don't even bother, so you can drop the "well you can shoot up heroine legally in the park and in US everything will be 100% legal" routine.

Funny thing about statistics, you can easily manipulate them, doh. If you look at Penn State's brochure for crimes committed (robbery, sexual assault, etc) they will all read "0" (at least they have in the past). Let's just say it isn't the case..
my school can say the same thing, only because i've personally voted on some of those checks getting cut
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #183
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
how come youre allowed to grab 5 straws but i cant grab a few more than you. if you wanna reach, by all means lets reach. if you look into statistics most dont include marijuana users in their lists of ''addicts''. either way, if you wanna make the gateway argument like you did before i could say the same thing about alcohol and tobacco. ive tried them before i tried marijuana...and theyre legal
Me and frosty-poo were talking about the city of Amsterdam being the land of sunshine and puppies, as per his moms visit there. I said it wasn't the case and pointed that they have plenty of drug related problems. I did not bring MJ into the argument, but if you must MJ is an illegal drug. Even in Amsterdam.. it might be punishable by a slap on the wrist but it is still considered illegal in certain quantities. Last time I checked smoking was legal, and I can order 1000 cartons of cigs and be a-ok. I can also go to a liquor store and buy a truck load of booze, they will shake my hand and we will be a-ok. Let's not confuse the two. Furthermore, people do not go to jail for caffeine addiction, at least I have not heard of such case. Feel free to dig up a case or two.

Smoking and alcohol is a gateway drug? To some sure, to some breathing is a gateway drug, and I bet in the state of California oxygen has been known to cause cancer. Let's ban the damn thing, ehh? But as I have said before, those two are perfectly legal substances. Hell, smoking a cig and driving is not even illegal! omg!

I have personally engaged in a lot of smoking (cigs) and drinking since the age of 11, I'm not an addict to either. I rarely do either of them nowadays though. Drinking hasn't caused me to say "yes" to multiple offers of trying cocaine or heroin over the course of my life, most of those were "free samples" too. You can try the gateway theory all day long on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Nope, it was either switzerland or sweden.
Um..Swiss had this:

Quote:
Switzerland

Much like Amsterdam, Switzerland until recently followed a policy of decriminalization. Indeed, a city park in the town of Zurich for many years was allowed to be a haven for drug users - police simply would ignore the problem by claiming that it was better to have all the addicts in one place rather than having them roam throughout the entire city.66 Unsurprisingly, in February of 1992 Switzerland ended this experiment with decriminalization after experiencing an unacceptable increase in use, violence, crime and health costs and consequences.67 Specifically, the number of addicts residing at the park (called Platzspitz) jumped from a few hundred in 1987 to over 20,000, by early 1992.68 Approximately 20% of these addicts were foreigners who came to Zurich to take advantage of the city's lax drug laws.69 In deciding to close the park, city officials cited the increased incidence of crime and prostitution--as Andres Oehler, a municipal spokesperson stated, "it was felt that the situation had got out of control in every sense."70
And Sweden has a zero tolerance policy for drugs.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #184
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
my school can say the same thing, only because i've personally voted on some of those checks getting cut
Yea stats are funny that way.. We saw over 1000 complaints of different "incidents" yet, none were recorded on the official brochures. There are no sexual assaults on campus, ever...

Speaking of stats and clever language.
Quote:
Dr. K. F. Gunning, president of the Dutch National Committee on Drug Prevention, cites some revealing statistics about drug abuse and crime. Cannabis use among students increased 250 percent from 1984 to 1992. During the same period, shootings rose 40 percent, car thefts increased 62 percent, and hold-ups rose 69 percent.[63]
Stats are NEVER wrong, right Frosty?
Old 04-29-2011, 05:40 AM   #185
Frosty

Quote:
Me and frosty-poo were talking about the city of Amsterdam being the land of sunshine and puppies, as per his moms visit there. I said it wasn't the case and pointed that they have plenty of drug related problems.
Dude, I NEVER said they didn't have a drug problem, I NEVER said it wasn't an issue, all I said is that it's LESS than here where just about everything under the sun is illegal. I never said it was perfect nor the land of sunshine or puppies...stop twisting what I said to make a point. I also never brought heroin or any of the sort, the discussion is about MJ, you're reaching and trying to bring up other things to help support whatever stand you're taking. Please read what I said again and actually absorb it instead of reading what you want to read then swinging the topic of discussion to left field.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 AM   #186
Frosty

Quote:
Stats are NEVER wrong, right Frosty?
Ughhhhh, I never said a word about stats being wrong dude, you did. See below.

Quote:
Funny thing about statistics, you can easily manipulate them, doh.
Game. Set. Match. Yahtzee, Bingo, tell him what he's won Johnny. So I watch some shows/documentaries that said what I repeated and the stats or claim can easily be manipulated BUT a National Committee stat(from 20-30yrs ago I might add) can't be manipulated right?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-29-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #187
Tsar
MIR

Son, you said Amsterdam has less of a DRUG problem, and DRUG related crime. MJ is included in this category (DRUG) so is heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. When I made a remark about people sitting in a park with a needle in their arm - you simply said that you saw documentaries and your mama was there and it wasn't that big of a deal, at least that's how I saw it. You even threw a little sympathy over there with the whole "lets hug a druggie" aka they help them and we throw away the key after we put those poor bastards in jail. In humor, I even offered a Russian solution.

This is what I got in response, if you recall.

Quote:
Their attitude about drugs over there is completely different over there. They actually HELP people get off of the hardcore **** instead of just throwing them in jail and throwing away the key like we do here.
If they help people why is their prison population made up of of 50% of former druggies? Why are they blamed for ~80% of property crimes? Clearly, completely different attitude. Why are the mayors of towns trying to move anything that has to do with drugs to the outskirts of towns, and away from people? Another thing that indicates a "completely different attitude", right!

The tidbit about statistics, notice how I'm making fun of statistics and saying they are easily manipulated. I was supporting my position with that quote (I'll spell this out for you, stats are BS), not arguing against you. I was making fun of you with that quote though. Squirrel and I were talking about how shady campus crime reporting/statistics can be... get with the program already. Are the statistics that I posted real, most likely they are. Do they have any correlation, maybe or maybe not - no one will ever know because correlation does not imply causation as you have implied in your initial post about Amsterdam's DRUG problem (which was wrong anyways).
Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #188
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Ughhhhh, I never said a word about stats being wrong dude, you did. See below.

Game. Set. Match. Yahtzee, Bingo, tell him what he's won Johnny. So I watch some shows/documentaries that said what I repeated and the stats or claim can easily be manipulated BUT a National Committee stat(from 20-30yrs ago I might add) can't be manipulated right?
I replied to this in my previous post, but are you really that slow this morning?!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #189
Frosty

OK dude, you win, keep talking yourself in circles, lol. I never said it wasn't a big deal, again where did I say that? Stop with your baseless implications because you're reaching, I said LESS LESS LESS, that's IT based on some documentaries and what people I know have seen. That's it. All of you're other blah blah blah is exactly that...blah blah blah.

....and there's no reason to call someone son, it's a bit ignorant don't you think? What's next? "Boy"?

With that said you win.

Last edited by Frosty; 04-29-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #190
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Me and frosty-poo were talking about the city of Amsterdam being the land of sunshine and puppies, as per his moms visit there. I said it wasn't the case and pointed that they have plenty of drug related problems. I did not bring MJ into the argument, but if you must MJ is an illegal drug. Even in Amsterdam.. it might be punishable by a slap on the wrist but it is still considered illegal in certain quantities. Last time I checked smoking was legal, and I can order 1000 cartons of cigs and be a-ok. I can also go to a liquor store and buy a truck load of booze, they will shake my hand and we will be a-ok. Let's not confuse the two. Furthermore, people do not go to jail for caffeine addiction, at least I have not heard of such case. Feel free to dig up a case or two.

Smoking and alcohol is a gateway drug? To some sure, to some breathing is a gateway drug, and I bet in the state of California oxygen has been known to cause cancer. Let's ban the damn thing, ehh? But as I have said before, those two are perfectly legal substances. Hell, smoking a cig and driving is not even illegal! omg!

I have personally engaged in a lot of smoking (cigs) and drinking since the age of 11, I'm not an addict to either. I rarely do either of them nowadays though. Drinking hasn't caused me to say "yes" to multiple offers of trying cocaine or heroin over the course of my life, most of those were "free samples" too. You can try the gateway theory all day long on me.

Um..Swiss had this:

And Sweden has a zero tolerance policy for drugs.
No, that's not it. Its similar to how cali has med shops for pot but its for heroin that is clean and medical grade. Just like anything else, its the user/abuser that gives it a good/bad name.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #191
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
OK dude, you win, keep talking yourself in circles, lol. I never said it wasn't a big deal, again where did I say that? Stop with your baseless implications because you're reaching, I said LESS LESS LESS, that's IT based on some documentaries and what people I know have seen. That's it. All of you're other blah blah blah is exactly that...blah blah blah.

....and there's no reason to call someone son, it's a bit ignorant don't you think? What's next? "Boy"?

With that said you win.
You might make a good politician, when you can't argue against a fact, just dismiss it due to "blah blah blah".

My argument has always been pretty straight; all national drug decriminalization programs have failed since the early 1900s, and the whole slippery slope thing.

But as long as I win, I can live with that.

Cheers,
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #192
Frosty

...and you'd make a good one too by spinning things. Running mates? Lets doooo it!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #193
BigAls87Z28

I wonder if the fast food and junk food lobby got behind the legalizing MJ deal....so much more money there. Buy a McJoint with your big mac?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #194
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
...and you'd make a good one too by spinning things. Running mates? Lets doooo it!
In.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #195
Slow-V6

I would vote for you guys!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #196
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Can I have a cabinet position?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #197
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Can I be the mascot?

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #198
Frosty

DONE! We need a good PR guy though....Al? What do you say?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #199
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
DONE! We need a good PR guy though....Al? What do you say?
As long as there is a nice water cooler.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #200
Frosty

I might even throw in a nice GM car as a courtesy car, with Tsar's approval of course.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge