Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 09-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
WayFast84

trans to engine.

What do I need to know about hooking the trans up to the motor? The motor and trans have to go in before this week end so chris can pick up the hoist.

How much trans fluid goes in the t/c? how does the tc mount up? any one want to help? soon?
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Get as much fluid in the TC as you can.....the more you get in before installing it the better. It will make topping off the trans fluid easier once everything is together.

Install the TC onto the input shaft of the trans (carefully - don't wanna damage the seal), then bolt the bellhousing of the trans to the block. Then you'll bolt the converter to the flexplate.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
Featherburner

Make sure you engage the TC in the pump. Inward pressure while rotating the TC several turns. Also lube the seal with some trans fluid.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
johnjzjz

have someone who has installed a TC before and it worked do it for you that would be the best thing but if not try this --- if its not in all the way it will wreck the trans pump and the TC - the way its done is to leave it empty the mess the oil that will come out of it when you fill it is not worth the slop all over the place - a trans pump will fill it in 10 seconds so not to worry - now slide it on the 2 splines that stick out the trans front - and turn it clockwise holding both sides of the TC at the same time ( DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGERS AROUND THE tc WITH YOU FINGERS HOLD THE JUST THE EDGE ON THE OUT SIDE or with your palm in the center ) in order to get it a straight as possible as you turn it and when you do you will feel it and hear it make a click sound as it goes in twards the front of the pump it should click inward at least 2 times maybe 3 times but keep turning it till it than stop turn it the opposite direction than back again till its almost touching the pump -- i hope i explained it so you get it if not i will try again -- jz

Last edited by johnjzjz; 09-17-2007 at 06:06 PM.
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
Also lube the seal with some trans fluid.
VERY IMPORTANT

My $0.02 - a new seal too. $5.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline