Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
97slpss

big braking problems

whatsup guys..well on the way to school this morning almost got into three accidents because of my brakes.the red BRAKE light ( the one that comes on when the parking brake is pulled) is always on and then when i try to brake...the LOW TRACTION light flickers and i lose my brakes for a second...then on the way home the ABS INOP came on and stayed on....im hoping this is nothing big..any ideas?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

How's the pedal? How's the fluid?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
edpontiac91

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get to a place like Goodyear/ Sears/ Midas and have them look at your brakes for FREE, before you kill someone. You stated you ALMOST got into THREE accidents. What will it take, a FORTH to really total yourself and maybe someones family? Don't screw around with asking questions and guessing about what might be wrong and go somewhere dependable and have it checked out tomorrow!

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

It sounds like you are low on fluid. That light comes on when a sensor in the master cyl gets uncovered.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
97slpss

i realize it shouldnt be driven ed, it was taken home right away ...i have a d.d.

i did put some fluid and went around the block but maybe they need to be bleead..ill have my mechanic look this weekend i guess..thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
siguy

if there is fliud in there then your master cylinder is shot anyway you should not be driving the car if you do not know whats wrong with it ... not worth getting into an accident

Last edited by siguy; 10-20-2009 at 09:42 PM.
siguy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech