Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
Primo131211

Check Engine Code

Hey guys, I was going down the highway at about 90, crusing, not racing, and the car threw on the check engine light. I went to auto zone and the code was P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire. I was told a few different things. Plugs, distributor, and the opti-spark.. Im not sure what it could be but i will bring it somehwere to get checked. In the meantime, any experience with this? Suggestions? its a 96 Z28..

Maybe a north jersey member could take a look this weekend. Thanks for the help!
Primo131211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Did the way the car runs change at all? Did it feel like it was missing?

That code can be thrown for dozens of reasons.

Also, on an LT1 car the disributor and opti-spark are the same thing. Classic case of Autozone idiots....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

Also, on an LT1 car the disributor and opti-spark are the same thing. Classic case of Autozone idiots....

- Justin
as far as i was told u cant really tell if its the plugs or opti, so replace the cheaper one first. Does the car run like crap now? if it doesnt just erase the code and see if it comes back. how many miles on the car and when was the last time u changed opti plug and wires?
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I dont know about your car but mine did the same thing when the weather changed last year and started to get hot out. It threw a few codes randomly but the car was running perfectly fine. When my opti went it never threw a code at all, just ran like crap. I have a feeling my PCM was on its way out though when it started throwing random codes out, but when i got it tuned it took a crap on me anyway and got a new PCM and never had the problem since. I would say if its running fine let it be and see if it happens again, if it does and comes up with the same code do as Tsar said and replace the cheaper parts first.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Classic case of Autozone idiots....
You got that right, one time I went in to see if they carried KYB shocks and the guy said "I never heard of that" ... he said it in a mean tone so I turned around and walked out lmao.

I third for replacing cheaper parts.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning