Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-12-2016, 07:22 PM   #1
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

NAIAS 2016

So what's every thoughts on this years autoshow?

I love the Buick Avista.

I've got mixed opinions on the new Continental and Fusion.

What was Kia thinking with their concept SUV?

If you don't look at the headlights/grill, the new Acadia looks exactly like the current Durango.

A few other surprises from FCA about future products.

"6th gear" gives a good summary of everything so far.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-detroit...aft-1752452959

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
NJ346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
BigAls87Z28

The Kia Telluride looks outstanding! I hope they make it, I really do. Reminds me of an old Landcruiser.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 AM   #3
NastyEllEssWon

That Buick Avista really looks nice, especially digging the full glass hatchback look. Kinda looks like what I wouldve expected the F-body to evolve into if they didnt end up boxing it out for the Camaro. Can't wait to see if it actually becomes a thing.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:44 AM   #4
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

The new Acadia looks great. Right sized in my opinion. The old one was too big for smaller families. We just bought my wife a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited and we didn't cross shop the Acadia. This will be a serious contender when time comes to replace the Jeep.

Really mixed feelings on the Lincoln Continental. The concept was bold and substantial. The production car looks cheaper. Waiting to see the production car in person but the interior looks great! The gear shift button placement is bewildering.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 AM   #5
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

i am looking forward to the show coming to NY in a few weeks.

i like the avista, but wtf are these weird names that GM comes up with. what does avista even mean?

i really like the lexus lc500 and am crossing my fingers and toes for a wrangler pickup
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 01-13-2016 at 08:18 AM.
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
The new Acadia looks great. Right sized in my opinion. The old one was too big for smaller families. We just bought my wife a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited and we didn't cross shop the Acadia. This will be a serious contender when time comes to replace the Jeep.

Really mixed feelings on the Lincoln Continental. The concept was bold and substantial. The production car looks cheaper. Waiting to see the production car in person but the interior looks great! The gear shift button placement is bewildering.
Disagree on the Acadia sizing, at least the current model. They already have the terrain if you want smaller. IMO the Acadia ought to be as big as something like a pilot. Coming from someone with a small but active family. I'll have to check out the new acadia, we have been looking at them.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
The_Bishop

The possibility of a jeep pickup makes my pants tighten up. Bring back the old Jeep Gladiator look!
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

the return of the Comanche?

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #9
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
i am looking forward to the show coming to NY in a few weeks.

i like the avista, but wtf are these weird names that GM comes up with. what does avista even mean?

i really like the lexus lc500 and am crossing my fingers and toes for a wrangler pickup
I don't think we'll see a wrangler pickup debut yet......but its coming and I can't fuggin wait!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #10
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Disagree on the Acadia sizing, at least the current model. They already have the terrain if you want smaller. IMO the Acadia ought to be as big as something like a pilot. Coming from someone with a small but active family. I'll have to check out the new acadia, we have been looking at them.
Out of curiosity, as a family man, would you/do you find a third row useful?

Looking back, third rows were extremely rare when I was growing up. Maybe a few of my friends had parents with minivans, as that was all you can get them in short of a suburban or expedition.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #11
BonzoHansen
Admin.

third row comes in handy sometimes, like when family is over or you add friends to the trip. it isn't for big people lol. But if the vehicle is too small then its hard for a family of 4 to take a trip in it, especially if there is sports equipment involved. An equinox is too small for a trip for instance. So when I talk about size I'm not really talking 3rd row. But with kids they occasionally come in handy.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #12
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
But if the vehicle is too small then its hard for a family of 4 to take a trip in it, especially if there is sports equipment involved.
Yes, people without kids tend not to realize how much baggage they come with (literally). My wife had an 04 Grand Cherokee, and we typically rent something larger or borrow my mom's minivan when we go on summer vacation. There just isn't any way to get all of their stuff into something without the extra space.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #13
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Damn kids

Old 01-14-2016, 05:36 PM   #14
The_Bishop

Careful, your grumpy old man is showing.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge