Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
NightRydaSS

Question Adjustable LCA's?

Any reason to get adjustables over non-adjustables other then to compensate for tolerances with longer/shorter driveshafts and rear-end placement? I want to lower my car next yr; i kno i will need LCA relocation brackets. I want to replace my LCA also, but i only want to do it once (no sense of wasting money). I plan on replaing my rear in the far future but with nothing that will have a different stock location. The car is also a show/cruzer that will see some weekend track time but not like every weekend.

Just tryin to save some $$$ where i can.

Eff Dr. Phil; my M6 SS is the only Therapist I need!

Light travels faster then sound; that is why some people appear to be smart until they speak - Unknown

Last edited by NightRydaSS; 09-20-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: crap, i put this in the wrong section. Someone needs to move me
NightRydaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Mike
BadMod

adjustable lca's are just to keep the rear centered in the wheelwell

if your just lowering it, all you really need is an adjustable panhard to keep the rear centered under the car once its lowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
NightRydaSS

or to make clearance for bigger rims and tires? i would eventually like to put 315's on the back, and i had issues tryin to fit 10.5" rims on the back so now i have 8.5" all the way around. Would getting them make my life easier?

Light travels faster then sound; that is why some people appear to be smart until they speak - Unknown
Old 09-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

LCA will allow you to move the rear back ( require longer drive shaft ) so you could run a 28or 29" slick (can't remember, think 29s )and it won't contact the fender. At speeds around 125 the slicks grow enough to make contact.

To run 315 or if your car is lower you will need an adjustab;e panhard rod to you ca recenter the rear.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
NightRydaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
LCA will allow you to move the rear back ( require longer drive shaft ) so you could run a 28or 29" slick (can't remember, think 29s )and it won't contact the fender. At speeds around 125 the slicks grow enough to make contact.

To run 315 or if your car is lower you will need an adjustab;e panhard rod to you ca recenter the rear.
That is kinda what i figured they were really only used for. So if i NEVER plan on using slicks, just get standard non-adjustiable?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRydaSS View Post
That is kinda what i figured they were really only used for. So if i NEVER plan on using slicks, just get standard non-adjustiable?

as long as you don't go to tall or wide your fine. besides, the stock drive train needs allot more then ALCA before it will survive slicks.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline