Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
cdacda13

Got hit in my truck today

Story Time people, gather round.

So, I'm driving through a parking lot, and I see a SUV's reverse lights go on. So I slow down, thinking that he'll see me. (Seriously, how can you miss a full size truck) But, he keeps pulling out so I stop. There is enough room still for him to pull out and go. Except, he accelerates. Now, I hit the horn and go to drop it in reverse. (Except, I went for the center console shifter, natural reaction.) Now, the guy backs into me.
He then pulls his car back into his space. His wife gets out of the car (A saturn Vue) and starts yelling at me. "How could you not see us, you have to yield to us." I calmly retort, "No, I have the right away."
I look at the damage done to my truck, and notice, well, almost nothing. A few scratches and a small gash on the passenger side of the bumper. Nothing that I can't buff out and fix myself. I am now feeling great that nothing bad happened, but still pissed at the situation.
Finally, the driver gets out and puts the wife back in the car. He says, "Sorry I didn't see you there."(Bold for a reason, read on) We both look at the damage done to each of our vehicles and decide to go our separate ways.
So I finally get to my truck and start it up, then he comes running to my window. He then informs me that he is going to call the police.
20 minutes later, a police car finally comes. (Even though the police station is right across the street.) He officer asks what happened, and as I am about to explain the situation, the guy interupts me and says, "I was backing out and he flew around the corner and hit us." Great, a ****ing liar. The officer then turns to me, and asks me what happened. I explain to him everything you've read so far. The officer then takes our information, and is filling out the accident report in his car.
I then notice the guy going over to the police cars window, and I quickly rush over there because I didn't want this guy talking to the officer without me there. I hear him ask the officer whether he has the right of way pulling out of a parking space. The officer tells him he doesn't and now I am smiling from ear to fricking ear.
We walk away from the cop car, and now the guy says to me "I'm really sorry, I didn't see you in my mirrors. The damage isn't that bad, I don't think we should go through insurance." He is now back tracking because he knows he is at fault.
The officer finishes up, and explains to us our options on how to proceed. The cop leaves, we trade phone numbers. And we finally go our separate ways, LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE OVER AN HOUR AGO.

TL DR; Guy hit my truck in a parking lot. Turns out to be a liar.

EDIT: Holy crap that is long.

READ LATEST POST BY ME!! New question.

Last edited by cdacda13; 04-01-2009 at 05:31 PM.
cdacda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
DevilDougWS6
11 Second Club

wow. :whip crack: yeah ****ing tool.

his wife told him to try to get money out of the situation. i cant stand people that try to take advantage of others.

J E R S E Y S H O R E O W N S Y O U
12 Sonic Turbo
07 Malibu SS
04 Silverado SS - Sold
00 Trans Am WS6 - Sold

-.:: United States Marine Corps ::.-
DevilDougWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

shes a tool... run her over. dump bitch.

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
maroman88
12 Second Club

lol nice story! glad there wasnt much damage to ur truck
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
Lt1_8U

what **********! Yeah i just lied to try to F you over but now since i am at fault either way, we shouldnt go through insurance people like that make me want to kick babies
Lt1_8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

damn dude thats ridic. people suck when it comes to accidents. especially when you know you are at fault and the other driver was going to be cool about it. talk about diggin yourself a deeper hole.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Iroc-z86

what a tool, i dont understand people. like ok he didnt see you thats fine, mistakes happen and what not, but to tell you something then go back on it when a cop comes thats bs. I would call my ins company to let them know before he changes his mind and tries to be a tool about it this way your covered and when he tries to put a claim in you arent going to be in trouble with your ins comp.

Glad your ok tho and not too much is done to the truck.

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
miketa95

Hey you have his info now, claim it through insurance since that's what he wanted so bad.
miketa95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
TheBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketa95 View Post
Hey you have his info now, claim it through insurance since that's what he wanted so bad.
Exactly what i would do. He tried to not go through insurance after h e realized he was at fault, soo i would go through just to be a dick
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
Frosty

Go through insurance and make sure he gets hammered for it.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
shane27

/gathersaround

sucks bro, good luck dealing with all the headaches

Previous Cars: 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (5spd), 1992 Mustang GT(auto), 1995 Hyundai accent(5spd)
Current Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX (5spd)
shane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
Clark

It was long, but a good read. I'm so glad it worked out for you though man.

Did this happen on Livingston campus? I was in an accident last week on Rt. 18 south coming from Livingston in which I was found at fault for a kid who essentially cut me off and locked up his brakes.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #13
cdacda13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
It was long, but a good read. I'm so glad it worked out for you though man.

Did this happen on Livingston campus? I was in an accident last week on Rt. 18 south coming from Livingston in which I was found at fault for a kid who essentially cut me off and locked up his brakes.
I'm currently home for spring break, so no. (West Milford) But I can see how that can happen, rt. 18 sucks.
(For those who know the area, it was the parking lot by the Remax and Columbia Bank, almost right across from the police station.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
Scrat's_Camaro

go through insurance just in case he tries to pull some other bull **** about injuries and what not especially the way his bitch of a wife was acting. And also if you back out of a parking space and hit a vehicle or get hit its automatically your fault from what i hear cause its more of a risk for accidents and injurys then just pulling out, so he's screwed.

Last edited by Scrat's_Camaro; 03-16-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Scrat's_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

As others have said. File through insurance just to teach him and his wife a lesson.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdacda13 View Post
I'm currently home for spring break, so no. (West Milford) But I can see how that can happen, rt. 18 sucks.
(For those who know the area, it was the parking lot by the Remax and Columbia Bank, almost right across from the police station.
By the Pharmacy? 20 minutes to walk across the street? lol

When we were rear ended, the police were there within 3 minutes of me ending the call. Granted we were blocking the road, so I'm sure that had something to do with it (we were stopped for the stop sign about 10 cars back give or take on Union Valley to turn left on Macopin towards center of town).

Glad it wasn't worse. I say ***** him and go through insurance anyway, even if you could fix it yourself.

Last edited by ShitOnWheels; 03-16-2009 at 05:37 PM.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
91chevywt

Definetly go through insurance.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Mark B

Get a free detail out of it. Call his insurance company. Alteast it will put an accident mark against him.

01 GMC Sierra C3 6.0L, AWD, Westers Tune, K&N, Hella LED Tails
03 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, GMPP Handling Kit, LS1 F-Body Brakes
Mark B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
98CamaroSS

You got the police report and he's at fault so **** em and go thru his insurance company.

98CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
cdacda13

^Went to pick up the accident report today, and its not ready yet. So now I have to drive back into town tomorrow, again.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdacda13 View Post
^Went to pick up the accident report today, and its not ready yet. So now I have to drive back into town tomorrow, again.
people ALWAYS do this... CALL FIRST! lol
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
stevethepirate

That sort of thing happened to my mom. She was turning left out of a street. The car coming from the left stopped to let her pull out... the guy behind him decided that he didn't want to wait, and pulled into oncoming traffic to go around. That resulted in a head on collision with my mom. He had told the cop that it was my mom's fault, that she had pulled out without looking. She was shaken up and wasn't really thinking about it. Luckily I had shown up (she called me and told me). At which point I looked at where the two vehicles were sitting, where the broken glass was, etc. and immediately realized what had happened. Pointed it out to the cop, and he basically assigned "no fault."

Not to mention the guy's truck was totaled, while my mom's honda pilot had a cracked headlight and grill, haha.

Some people just have no shame.

TSP rumbler catback, catco catalytic converter, whisper lid, K&N filter, 180* thermostat, Pacesetter headers, and a little bit of giggle gas
stevethepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
cdacda13

So, the guys insurance company calls today and offers to pay for the damage.

I've never been though this before so I'm looking for people with experience here. Since his insurance knows about the accident, does mine know? Will my insurance hear about it from his company? If I was to take this offer, will my insurance rates go up at all, even with fault being placed at his feet?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #24
5.7TA

If I were in your position, I would talk to your insurance agency, they have negotiators and may be able to get you a higher value than what the offending person's insurance company is currently offering you now. also an estimate of repairs would be nice to have before you accept the offer. Either way you should notify your company because they will find out about it any way, especially with a police report on file. Your rates should not be affected b/c it wasn't your fault.

This happened to me about 6 years ago, that was the best advice I ever had from someone who had been there. My rates didn't change at all b/c of me not being at fault.

Hope that will help you some, sorry to hear about the whole situation man, hope you get it taken care of soon.
K&N Air Filter
5.7TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #25
Frosty

Do you have any pics of the damage and a copy of the estimate they wrote? I'd be more than happy to look it over for you to make sure you're getting what you deserve.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge