Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Foosh

Just Ordered New Tires

Well i got tired of constantly switching tires and dealing with searching for them, so i just ordered a set of BFG's they're 315/35/17 g-force t/a's.

Any of you guys running these, what do you all think?
Foosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
T69SS

I have not personally run them, but a buddy of mine used to run them on his Mustang. Excellent all around traction. IIRC they were kind of expensive...

1969 Camaro SS - 350 w/ some work done.
2010 F-150
T69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Foosh

Yeah Got them for about the same price as Nitto NT555R's so i'm not really sweating it. I've heard alot of good things about them and i go a decent deal so i put the order in today.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
redbanditZ28

I have them on my Camaro. They work really well for traction. Not sure how'd they perform in rain since I never drive in the rain. But they will definitely stop tire slippage. Good choice. I've had mine on my car for about 4-5 years now and I have done heavy highway driving with them on and they still haven't worn down at all. I know many people have mentioned that the tread goes too fast on them, but I have driven my car with them on many a long highway trip and so far they perform as good as the day I put them on the car.
redbanditZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Foosh

THanks for the good review how manny mile or passes do you have on them?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
redbanditZ28

I figure I've put maybe something close to 8K miles on the tires. While I never used them at the drag strip, I have peeled out other places and they consistently stick. I mean between all of the highway driving and the few times I've accelerated fast from a dead stop, I would have thought by now that they would have gotten worn down considerably. That doesn't seem to be the case yet. Plenty of tread left. But things may differ if you use them on the track with a lot of quick passes.
redbanditZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Foosh

nah i plan on using them occasionally at the track but not that often... So they're gonna be street use, and i'll put maybe 4-5k miles on a year so hopefully they'll last me 2 years if i don't run another set of rims for occasions
Old 03-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
NjbadSS

good choice..a buddy of mine had the same tire on his 2001 SS and had a lot of luck with them..they have great wear to them like REDBANDIT said..and great traction.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
Foosh

Question is now how well are they gonna fit in the rear, its on a 10.5 inch rear rim and i had a 315 nitto on before and it was pretty close to the wheel well. I hear these measure close to an inch wider than nittos and sumitomos.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge