Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
heavy_chevy29

firestone/bridgestone

anybody ever work for them. i have been unemployed since last nov and i have an interview with them on monday. i just want to know if anyone has any good or bad things to say about them. thanks
heavy_chevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Talking about a service center or a production plant?

IIRC, supermanx24(patrick) works at a firestone auto service center...

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
BigAls87Z28

Ive heard they do pay well. I lost a few good techs over the years to Firestone. They seem to do a lot of commercial/fleet work at least the ones I made contact with.
As for anything else...no idea.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
NastyEllEssWon

ive worked for one. its hit or miss. either its an awesome place for you to work or its not for you....youll find out within a week or so
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
bobb1589

i know that i will probably never go to them again personally... they tell you something will take a "few minutes" and you end up sitting there for two hours... this has happened to me a countless number of times so now I have made it a point not to go to them
Old 06-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

it's very dependent on location - both for business and who runs it. But it is >>> than no job.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
SupermanX24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
ive worked for one. its hit or miss. either its an awesome place for you to work or its not for you....youll find out within a week or so
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb1589 View Post
i know that i will probably never go to them again personally... they tell you something will take a "few minutes" and you end up sitting there for two hours... this has happened to me a countless number of times so now I have made it a point not to go to them
That's the writers faults. They piss me the hell off all the time about that. "yeah, your brakes and oil change will be done in about a half hour." Wtf!? Are you kidding me? Yeah, maybe, if you want a half assed job.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
heavy_chevy29

thanks alot for all the replies. the way im looking at it is, a jobs a job. i really want to get off unemployment and if they have enough work to keep me busy it would be a great opportunity for me. i have an interview with them on monday at 10am. i have alot of questions for them. i heard that they have really crappy hours but hey, its a pay check
Old 06-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
bobb1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanX24 View Post
agreed

That's the writers faults. They piss me the hell off all the time about that. "yeah, your brakes and oil change will be done in about a half hour." Wtf!? Are you kidding me? Yeah, maybe, if you want a half assed job.
I have had a few things that should literally only take half hour at most to do all of it... like mounting a tire on a wheel that i brought to them off of the car (the wheel was bare too so they didn't even have to unmount an old tire)...where they say "oh only a few minutes"... and its taken them 2 hours literally. that was my most recent occasion but they have done it to me so many times in the past... it just gets really annoying. i would rather have them tell me oh i dont know maybe itll take 1 to 2 hours so i can plan on being there for 1-2 hours instead of a few minutes.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

probably the same hours as sts 50 hour weeks manditory saturdays. Most firestone places i see are all a little run down. Personally i like working in a clean shop but your right a jobs a job till you can find something better
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

Worked for corperate for 5+ years, treated me like a number, moved me around between PA and NJ said that "since I did such a good job with this store that my skills were needed at the next one".. I eventually got tired of the BS and crappy pay that I left and started my own shop doing what I really wanted to do instead of $9.99 oil changes and alignments that payed .8..

On the other hand Bridgestone/Firestone tires are probably the best out there in my opinion..

Last edited by JSPERFORMANCE; 06-14-2009 at 11:04 AM.
JSPERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #12
madness410

yeah man i say if there is an opening take it either way..with this economy its not typical to be picky about a job...and if you dont like it start searching for another job while you are working
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
heavy_chevy29

well im not to sure firestone is for me. i went to the interview today and it was quite interesting. i talked to the service writer and the store manager. i asked them both the same questions and got two different answers lol. that place was a joke. the first thing that the service writer told me was that my resume wasnt that good and i dont have enough experience. im 24 years old and ive been doing this **** since i was a little kid. i have 3 ase certs. i told them that i had the steering/suspension, brakes, gasoline engine repair certs. then the guy asked me if i could do a brake job, and he was serious too. my jaw almost hit the floor when he asked me that. its like they never even looked at my resume that was in their hands. then they tell me that its a flat rate shop, which i was already told. so i ask if there is an hour garrunty. one says 30hours and the other says no. then i asked about 5 time and they still wouldnt tell what the rate would be for 1 flate rate hour. they just kept going around in circles. the store manager told me he would call me later in the afternoon with a number for me and he never did(kinda happy he didnt lol). honestly they would have to come up with some pretty good money for to work there. they were extremely disrespectful to me. so i went home and sent my resume to sum other place. i tryed sears. ill have to wait and see if they are any better.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge