Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
Koll
14 Second Club

Falcon Turbo'd I6 out-torques Ram SRT-10

made 450 ft-lbs at the wheels, where the Dodge topped out at 407, unfortunately on the fifth run they thought that they blew a headgasket, unfortunately they were wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Well we had some more fun this weekend! But we did pop the head gasket on the 5th pull. #1 cyl. has radiator fluid in it. There were about 40-50 people watching the dyno! Nobody could believe that a I6 in a cute Falcon could out torque a Dodge SRT-10 V10 pickup! Shocked

I'll have to scan the printout so everyone can laugh at the ridiculous looking torque "curve". It looks more like a mountain than a curve. The torque peaks at 2500 and tapers off from there.

The dyno operator floored the car at 2000rpm in high gear, so the torque goes from 230 to 452 in about 500rpm. However by the time it gets to 5000rpm the torque is only 290 lb/ft or so. The 283 peak HP was at 4817rpm.

We didn't run just E85 this time. We added some Trick 116 to the mix because I knew what jets would put the A/F ratio in about the correct arena. A/F was hovering around 12.4:1 the entire pull. With the amount of E85 in there, the A/F should have been a little richer. Around 11.8:1 or so.

We got some video of it as well. As soon as my brother-in-law downloads it I'll get it on here.

Can't wait for the FSP aluminum head! We've got some good baseline pulls now, so we'll compare them later this summer to some pulls with the FSP head using this same dyno! 500lb/ft here we come!

Later,
Will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Well we pulled the head last night. The gasket wasn't the problem, we cracked the cyl. wall on #1. About a 3" crack from just below the deck down into the cyl.
After some thinking about why this happened, we determined that when we were driving the car around in LA the Sat. before the Knott's Berry show, the water temp got up to 240 degrees before we were able to pull over to let it cool down. It took us 1.5hrs to go something like 25 miles.
So we think we cracked it there and then raced it two weekends ago and noticed a little white smoke out the tailpipe during the runs, but didn't think to much about it.
On the Dyno however we noticed it more and then it really let go and we could smell the burnt radiator fluid.

So we're looking for a new 250 block. And we need it very soon. We're taking Kelly's car all the way to Indianapolis for the Falcon Nats in July.

Later,
Will

they're currently thinking about O-ringing the block

some pics are here
http://www.iaperformance.com/vbullet...thread.php?t=9
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

TURBOS RULE!!!!

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

HOTNESS!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge