Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
grandkodiak

What would you do?

So you go to pull out of a parking space, and for whatever reason, you accidently hit the car next to you. Would you have the common courtesy, to at the VERY least, leave a sorry note, better yet, your insurance information? How bout if you were in a small parking lot, would you go into the store and see if you could find the owner of the car you scratched up?

Well, apparently, the person that hit my car, didn't care to do any of these things. And its not a "oops i opened the door to wide and i left a little white residue on your door" mark... its a oh ****, i cut the wheel to hard and scraped a 2 foot gash into your car, oh, and since the fuel door was there, bent that too cause it sticks out a bit where your finger goes to open it. Oh, was that clearcoat? Of course not! Thats clearly the factory base coat of paint thats been intact and cared for since late 1995. Whos gunna notice?

SOOOO... I got to thinking... what would I have done, had I been walking out to my car, at the exact momment that someone was driving away after just doing such a thing to my car?

I try to think of myself as a rational, reasonable person... but the more I looked at my car, the more I began to think... what, oh what would I do if I could the mother ****er that didnt have the ****ing balls to admit to a simple almost insignificant fault as scratching up someones car? You didnt run over the family dog that ran away off of its leash, you didnt hit my grandmother cause you where to drunk to drive, no limbs where lost, and despit it probably going to cost a hundred or more to fix... you ****ing left it without a word. I'm pretty sure, thinking back, that if i happened to be armed at the momment, someone would have a colostomy bag for the rest of thier life. After its not worth someones life if they are an immoral piece of **** dick sucking gutter trash from the hood... but you sure are gunna remember me for the rest of your life. But not being armed at the momment, i was thinking that a broken bottle in the parking lot, doused in the oil, grit, grease, gasoline, and other **** on the parking lot asphalt, applied with the proper amount of force under the armpit while applied in a twisting motion, would leave some lasting memories. but what stop there while they are stunned? within easy reach is probably a tire iron... while applying it up the rectum of the already bleeding scumbag, i would lay across thier back, and pull up in such a motion, as to see how far the skin below the belly button would strech, from the insides, as i would try to torque the lower colon out of said such hole. then i think i could move on to grabbing the butane lighter out of my pocket, and seeing just how long it would take to get blood to squirt out of a burning man nipple, simliar to i guess a mixed scene of backdraft meets bram stokers dracula... albiet without the hollywood goodness. next i thought as easy targets would be the eyes... all sorts of fun things can be done to the eyes, they are oh so fragile. any number of random screws, pieces of broken glass and what not can readily be found in a parkinglot, each leaving you with easy access to the rear retna visual receptive areas of the optical nerve. i always wondered if the cones and rods really looked like, well, cones and rods? why not find out while you have a warm screaming body at your immediate disposal? im pretty sure this could all be done within a few momments, well before the emts could possibly arrive, but i think the damage done would be light enough to insure the ****ers survival, thus clearing any possibly manslaughter charges... but a clean getaway would be easy, as i doubt the ****er that hit your car bothered to get out of thier car to see the original damange, let alone get your lisence plate in the first place! after all, only a moral citizen would be so thoughfull!

So, what would you do to the person that ****ed up your ride, and just walked away like it didnt happen?

Old:
2003 White Crown Vic P71 *sold*
1996 Burnt Red Metallic Trans Am M6 Ram/LE2/4.11 *sold*
2000 Silver Cougar V6 M5 *totalled haha*
1986 Black Cutlass Calais Coupe M5 *sold*

Last edited by grandkodiak; 08-02-2009 at 05:42 PM.
grandkodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Nada, I need a new bumper front and back. Would be nice to have insurance pay for it.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Saitin
Banned

grab the ball bat from the back seat....now let your mind do the rest!
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I would, and have. Was just a paint transfer, so the person didn't care.

I have been hit and run 5 times that I know of. Twice in the rear bumper cover, once in the quarter panel, once in the front fender, and once in the nose. You get numb to it, at least with your DD.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 08-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

yeah its weak. gotta try and park far away from everyone, but you can run into the asshat that just has to park next to you.

if i ever did some damage i would most certainly own up to it. if it was a tap that didn't do anything, i wouldn't go out of my way to make good. i've watched people hit my car and think nothing of it. people are blind to what they don't see.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
yeah its weak. gotta try and park far away from everyone, but you can run into the asshat that just has to park next to you.
I did that with the 'vette and came out to a right fender that was cracked in half F'in ********, lol.

Yes, I'd leave a note...karma is a bitch.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
grandkodiak

karma.... i hope that mother ****ers newborn daugher spontaneously catches fire in a freak hospital accident and takes down the cripled orphan wing which houses his closest realatives.

Old:
2003 White Crown Vic P71 *sold*
1996 Burnt Red Metallic Trans Am M6 Ram/LE2/4.11 *sold*
2000 Silver Cougar V6 M5 *totalled haha*
1986 Black Cutlass Calais Coupe M5 *sold*
grandkodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
Frosty

So how do you really feel?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 08-02-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
BurninrubberGT

id sue the person for putting their car in my way

lol

id leave a note with my number, id never run from crap like that, thats just f'd up
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
cdacda13

I've hit another car in the parking lot before. I was pulling into a very tight space and hit a brand new, F-150. Luckily, I only hit the tire.
I surveyed the damaged, realized there was none to his car. Mine had taken all of the hit. Still, I found a pen and paper and started to write a note. Halfway through the note, I see someone loading groceries into the truck. I walk up to him and said "Nice truck. I just hit it."
After the shock wore off, he was a nice guy. We traded info. He took it to a shop, and they said there was no damage. End of story
Old 08-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
BigAls87Z28

Sucks man...
I checked teh Caprice, no orange paint on it.
Its prob. Obrian, that old ****.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #12
Iroc-z86

My friends car got hit with him in it. He stayed calm didnt freak out or anything. the other driver was freaked out because she didnt want to go through insurance and didnt have money or whatever. (background info: my friend hates his car, he beats it up all the time and usually kicks it daily lol) So my friend was standing there trying to calm this lady down and he kept saying its ok whatever. end result is a 6 in light scratch on his passenger rear door and hub cap. the lady insisted on giving him money so he took $50 and didnt call the cops or ins. he really didnt care but thats mainly cause he hates his car.

but yes i would leave my info if i ever did that, not run like a piece of crap.

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
miketa95

this happened to my 95 TA twice. First someone left a nice scrape/crack down the passenger side fender of my car at the mall and left nothing for me but that mark.

Next, i was at a house party where i parked on the kids driveway behind my friends xterra. to the left of his xterra was this other kids vw eos, which was all banged up because the kid couldn't drive for ****, and behind that was my girlfriends eclipse, next to me but behind him. the kid decides to leave the party at like 2am, kind of tipsy asks my girlfriend to move her car so he can leave. Next day i come outside to see a huge dent in the side of my car. obviously the kid hit me but he denied it to hell, i ended up having to call his parents but even the kids dad stuck up for the kid. I was left with the dent and still to this day hold a grudge with the vw kid because i know he did it. He's even got black paint on the rear back passanger corner of his bumper
miketa95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #14
91chevywt

I would definetly leave a note if I hit somebody.

If someone hit me in the Jimmy I don't think i'd care too much...i'd welcome the money and probably sell it damaged.

If it was the Z28, 1. They would have to be ignorant because I don't park next to anybody for that exact reason 2. If they were reasonable about my car and respectful I would try to be reasonable. Don't need to ruin my life with assault charges over a camaro. If they left the scene, i'd be trying to find out as much as possible from surrounding stores, possible parking lot survailance, and anybody else parked nearby.

Somebody hit my pickup while it was parked, and I gave him an earful. Thinking about it now, I should have been more careful. The guy was very shady and could have shot me if he desired.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
nj85z28

i would be pissed as all hell...and it would depend on what they said when i came out and caught them in the act or whatever..if the dude got cocky i would more than likely lose my temper and need someone to come bail me out. if they were cool id be heated for a little bit but id get over it.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #16
jims69camaro

the jeep looks like it has been in several fender benders. but they are all parking lot scars. i wonder if people can't see because of the color of the jeep, which is silver metal flake, or what. i actually was hit once while i waited in the jeep. the wife had gone into the supermarket to get a coupla things, so i hung out in the car. the guy didn't even move his car. i was ready, as i grabbed a pen and piece of paper as i was getting out, should i have to quickly jot down a license plate of the running car. but he waited until i got out, then asked me how he should disentangle the cars. i told him to just do the opposite of what he did to hit it in the first place. he couldn't figure it out, so i had to tell him to turn the wheel, then keep it straight until he pulled back into the parking space. he was finally able to back out without hitting me again. i wonder if he would have left a note or if he would've bolted. he seemed really nervous, so i imagine he would have run if he had had the chance.

the other times i wasn't in the car, and no, people do not leave notes when they do stuff like that.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
V
Stalker

my STS had 2 small door dings on the side where some clown had parked his toyota is a too-small-not-really-a-spot during the holiday shopping season in 2000. i was good when i parked, when i returned there the car was and the dings. i let it go, but as my friend was telling me to hurry up and back out, cuz someone was waiting for my nice spot, i opened my door, leaned out a bit and gave his pass door a nice shot with my left fist, enough to leave 4 nice knuckle dents in a larger fist dent, i felt better then.

also my STS, i was parked across from the shop i used to work at and theres a school nextdoor, at 3pm they pack the street and i was out by the pumps with the attendant watching someone slowly back up towards my car until they bumped it. We both walked over, my coworker stood in front in the road while i went to the drivers door. i said "you just hit the car behind you" he replied with "its ok, hes not around, no big deal", then i smiled and said, "well, that's my car a**hole". he turned red and i checked for any damage, the oem caddy front rubber bumper blocks did their job and all was good, so we let him drive away.

my SS was backed into lightly the one day i took it to work, i found ut after the fact and went to to police, then sat outside the peoples house till they came home, the husband finally came out and admitted his wife did it, and to get them an estimate. it buffed out luckily.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
Blacdout96

I've see a few senior citizens around where I live ( huge senior citizen retirement community) back out of a parking spot on a crown vic, or grand marquie, and just rub up against a car, and keep slowly moving like nothings happening, or they back into a bumper, put her in drive, and slowely take off once again, like nothing happened. They are the worst, because they ask for respect, but they bolt just like a juvenile would. Girls are also the worst because I've seen them talking on a phone, or just not looking back, and BAM, and start to freak out, and of course, wonder how did that happen.

The wost Ever was In E.H.C. I saw a LAWYER hit a Dakota in his Mercedez Benz, and took off. He didn't notice that I was sitting in a truck watching him do it. He hit it good too, made the whole truck rock. I waited for the woman to come out and I told here, and she goe's "Oh yeah, that's his law office right there!!

I would leave a note at least cause Karma is a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 08-04-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
Kat
11 Second Club

I'd leave a note just because thats how I am.

About 5 years ago, I was watching some ******* trying to back up over a snow mound that I had in front of the car. Now keep in mind, the snow mound was in a "fire zone" in front of the fire hydrant. No, I didn't block the hydrant if anyone asks. Well here I am watching this doing this.. He gets a head start, right up over the mound, and into my old IROC. Taking the front paint off the bumper. I walked out, tapped on his window, said thanks, then kicked out his tail lights.

People say I need anger management classes... lol.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #20
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
I walked out, tapped on his window, said thanks, then kicked out his tail lights.

People say I need anger management classes... lol.
nah. you did the right thing.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #21
Formula_Ltx

Mine got hit sitting out front of my house. parked it went to bed, woke up, went to leave noticed paint missing down to the plastic on the bumper. NO note NO numbers. needless to say I was ready to rip someones head off.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
79T/A

Wow. Very vivid and imaginative. The spontaneously combusting newborn coupled with the crippled orphan fire added a nice touch to that rant. Bra-VO, sir. Bra-VO.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge