Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 02-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
97slpss

smoked turn signals

Can anyone hook me up with a link to a nice quality set(or the best they could be) of smoked turn signals? I am tired of my hids blowing out on the right side for some reason and am going to try LED headlight bulbs... and want to put leds in the smoked turns as well.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

my ebay ones works just fine. If you want to spend a bit more then go with the ones from afterthoughtsauto.com . I tried lookin on ebay for the smoked ones but didn't see any. I VHT'd my rear ones and they came out great.

As for the bulbs, if your lamps keep burning out (I'm assuming you don't really have HID's in your turn signals) then it sounds like a socket or water infiltration issue. Going with expensive LED lamps won't solve the issue.

For the headlights, again I hope you don't mean to go LED with them. They may sell these but they would only be for show and would not provide nearly enough lighting over a standard halogen. It appears from your avatar you have HID's in the headlights? If so, it could be a bad ballast or bad lamp.

You are describing a bunch of lighting tech that isn't making sense in the places you say you have them. I've been all through this stuff so let me know if you can clarify what you are asking and I'll try to help ya out.

-Brian

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
97slpss

let me clarify...I had Hid headlights....I now ordered LED 9006 bulbs made for headlights, and then wanted to get turn signal leds to match. Sorry about that i just read my post and its like a jumbled mess haha. Thanks for the info though.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97slpss View Post
let me clarify...I had Hid headlights....I now ordered LED 9006 bulbs made for headlights, and then wanted to get turn signal leds to match. Sorry about that i just read my post and its like a jumbled mess haha. Thanks for the info though.
dude, what he's trying to say is stated wherever the lights you just bought are for sale
Quote:
Warning: LED bulbs are for show or off road use only. LED bulbs provide superior color output over genuine HIDs and halogen however LED output does not illuminate the ground sufficiently for night time driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea LED's in the headlights are a horrible idea. They will look ok for color but a stock halogen will put out much more light. Your going to be driving in the dark!

-Brian

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by qwikz28; 02-18-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: from jake- i thought you weren't posting on this site anymore?
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I haven't seen any smoked headlights for sale on Ebay. Generally people just use VHT Niteshade, and spray them to get that tinted look.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
CALL911

Here's a link to some smoked ones on ebay> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...spagenameZWDVW

95 Z28 M6, 383, D1SC, FMIC, ect., ect., 614 RWHP with the stock PCM and pump gas!

98 Formula WS6 M6
CALL911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALL911 View Post
Here's a link to some smoked ones on ebay> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...spagenameZWDVW
Those look like covers, I wouldn't go with those they look tacky.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

i used to have smoked corners on my car. they werent that dark though. but... they are just painted clear corners and they don't seal them well and even though i resealed them, they still leaked water
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance