Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

12 hours of Sebring

SPEED channel is doing their usual routine of almost covering racing this weekend. Unfortunately it is all we have so I will be watching.

Coverage starts at 10am, then goes away at noon for some NASCAR coverage(can't miss qualifying and practice just because there is actual racing going on), then back on from 2pm through the finish.

Before the coverage of the race starts they are showing the Acura Project LMP1 show again. It is a fully funded and very long advertisement basically, but there is some interesting info on how they brought what is basically a full body work F1 car to the ALMS series. The car has been on kill in testing, but does it have a pace to fight the diesels, that is the question

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Jensend

Since it's the only game in town,and since I won't see any track time this season, guess I'll have to watch (or tape) it. Better than no racing at all. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Blacdout96

whoa whoa, Acura is stepping up to the challange!! sweet ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

The Acura LMP1 is a sexy lookin piece and it has been flying in testing. They have been rather guarded about testing, but apparently there is some concern about the chassis eating that bumpy surface for 12 straight hours along with all the contact that is typical at Sebring.

For those who have never had the pleasure of seeing it in person, as narrow as the track looks on TV, it is even skinnier in person. I always questioned a lot of the contact as impatient driving or drivers trying to be faster than their car, but damn is that a little strip of tarmac to be moving like that on.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
Blacdout96

I just saw concept photos of the R15, which was a coupe version and was sexy, but now I saw the actual photos of the R15, and tho I preferthe coupe, this thing literally looks like an F1 car with fenders. Check out the rear wing, adn the sid pods, so intricate, and its ashame its only gonna be seen twice by us, which is Sebring, and Le Mans, afterthat it stays primarily in Europe. I hope Acura gives them a run for their money, and I hope Peugeot can give that car the extra oomph neededt o get that thing to win. I'd hate to see a car with that much R&D and testing to come out with Nada .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Audi is amazing. R8, R10, and now he R15 all come out and win Sebring in their debuts. Peugeot was hanging on for a long time, but a transmission failure in one and the other just fell off the pace.

New fastest lap records in P1, P2, and GT2 as well as new distance records for overall and each class individually.

The one thing we may all end up waiting for official word on is the wreck between the Flying Lizard Porsche and the Panoz. We will see what the sanctioning body says because there was some shared stupid that created the situation. Porsche did squeeze the Panoz, but the Panoz was also all the way at the back bumper and still holding line. I would love to be a fly on the wall when the stewards notes are discussed on that one.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge