Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-02-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
V
Stalker

BYUNSPEED reveiw... good and bad...

ok, well back in the beginning of november, monday the 6th, i placed an order through byunspeed.com for a few parts. Those being subframe connectors, clutch assmbly, and a GM clutch slave cylinder.

well on the 9th or so, i recieved a tracking number for a lightweight item, turns out it was the new slave cylinder, and i recieved it by like the 10th i believe, VERY fast service. I was very happy at that point. Then over a week goes by... no info on the other parts. Finally on the 18th, i recieve a trackign number for another item, weighing 53 pounds. And i finally recieved that on the 21st. it was my subframe connectors. Ok so it took two weeks, but with free shipping, i wasnt complaining.

HOWEVER, I emailed them on the 21st asking where the Clutch assembly was. The response i recieved was:
Quote:
"Looks like it will ship Wednesday or the Friday if FedEx is open which I believe they are"
that was thanksgiving week. so ok, i waited some more... by saturday i still didnt recieve the tracking info so i emailed again...and this was the response now(monday the 27th):
Quote:
Hey Paul the holidays basically delayed everything. I have retracked my packages and they are due in here Wednesday so it will go out FedEx to you then. I apologize for the delay.
OK fine, no big deal, AND a few min later i get this email...
Quote:
disregard that last email, clutch shipping today, found one for ya.
so i was happy again, it would be shipped out that day.. so i should have seen it by the end of this week...
well this morning, im figuring the week is over, no tracking info or clutch, the other packages took 3 days to get to me, i should have gotten it...so once again i emailed... i got this response this morning...
Quote:
i will have the tracking info for you tonight, you will get an email notification and it will be coming UPS ground.
all was great up until this point....ok...so tonight I finally got the tracking info from UPS... and this is what i have a problem with....The package trackign info shows that it was just shipped around 3pm today.. and i'll get it on December 6th. yes he followed through and got me the info, BUT he said it was shipped monday, then he only ships it a week later when i ask about it again?? If you have a delay TELL ME, do not say somethign shipped and it hasnt, that is a huge pet peeve of mine. IF i had gotten the sale/GP price on the clutch, i wouldnt be complaining now, but i paid full price, and he cant just be upfront and honest with me. I do alot of selling on ebay and whenever i had a shipping delay, i would almost always REFUND the shippings cost to make up for it as well as informing the buyer about the issue. The byunspeed website states "all items will be recieved in 14 days, if not, a tracking number will be provided" TELL ME if there is a delay. Ive been waiting over a month for a clutch.... Maybe i'm just a very difficult person to please, very possible, who knows, it always seem i have issues with these sellers, TSP, byunspeed, LS1speed... Thunder racing never gave me any issues other than backorders, BUT theyd tell me, and summit was always very quick to solve any problems... so maybe its just bad luck with me and all

but in closing, BYUNSPEED.com does have VERY good prices and their free shipping policy for items over 100(i think) is awesome... I guess i would recommend them, but dont expect any parts right away if you need them in a timely fashion...

EDIT: and btw, i did recommend them to a user over at thirdgen.org who was about to spend 260+ bucks for subframes, byuns price 194 shipped... so i am sending them business still, and i'll continue to recommend them, i just feel how my situation was handled was pretty poor.

Last edited by V; 12-02-2006 at 01:19 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

ive had an overall great experience, the only delays being for my mcleod bellhousing and release bearing (due to the holidays) and i have a byunspeed credit card too . ask him about it.

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge