Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

November Car of the Month Submissions

Anyone can post one photograph of only their Camaro or Firebird in this thread. Photographs of multiple cars or cars with models will not be accepted.

Please include your real name and a short paragraph (at least a few sentences) describing the ongoing project(s) being done to the car and/or a short story about the car as well.

If this is not posted in this thread by the time voting begins, your car will not be included in the vote.

All submitted pictures should be a minimum size of 640 x 480, as this is the size of the image that will be posted on the home page. If you aren't sure of the size, post it up the largest image you have (within reason), or send a private message to me for assistance.

At the last week of the month we will post a poll that will last for one week and the winner will get to spend the following month showcased on the home page of the site. Past winning cars (regardless of ownership changes) will not be eligible to enter again for 24 months.

Any pic considered poor quality by staff (blurry, cell phone, etc) will be ignored in COTM voting.

Please limit this thread to posts submitting pictures only. Comments and other chit-chat will be removed and offending users will be penalized.

GET THOSE SUBMISSIONS IN!!!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Phoenixfire1989

This is my 1986 T/a. The body has about 290,000 miles on it. It's original home was in the carolina's before i owned it, then north jersey in hackettstown nj. Car has a 350 Ho motor, 140mph speedo, 8,000 rpm meter. Engine has about 51,000 miles on it. Soon i will be working on the carb to update it from it's 15 year old edlebrock 4 barrel, and perhaps fix the broken torque converter. Hoping to update the suspension. Track specs are 15.2 at 85 mph

1989 Formula
1986 T/A
Attempting to race old junk since 2009
~Jamie
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
B4C

Mike
2001 Camaro SS M6. I purchased the car in november of 2009 for $7000, the body had 125k and the motor/trans/rear were fresh. It was too good of a deal to not pass up. I drove to burbs of DC to pick it up, and to say the deal was shady is an understatement. The car now has a cam only lq4, Tuned by TMR, moser 12 bolt, and almost full suspension. Has ran a best of 11.88@119. The LS6 clutch finally took a dump on me and it will be getting replaced this winter along with the rear getting rebuilt. I will be shooting for 11.49's or better next season. Turbo build possible in the future.

Last edited by B4C; 11-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
The_Bishop
Power Member

1998 Camaro Z28. Bright Purple Metallic. Traded my '94 Z28 back to the person I bought it from for this one. Car was mostly stock aside from a TCI converter and a UMI adjustable torque arm. Soon after purchase, I installed Strano springs, Koni shocks, UMI double adjustable roto-joint/poly lower control arms, UMI Roto/Poly double adjustable panhard bar, bolt-on LCA relocation brackets, and weld-in UMI subframe connectors. I also installed a low-mileage 3.42 rear axle with a Summit support cover.

Engine mods are an LS6 intake with a ported throttle body and an SLP lid. Exhaust is a set of Dynatech stainless headers and their off-road Y that I welded high-flow mini cats into, connected to a Magnaflow catback.

Transmission is stock with a Yank SS3600 converter.

Exterior mods are a set of C6 Z06 style 17" wheels with 275/40/17 tires all around, a set of Depo whistler-style headlights, and clear front marker lights that were on the car when I bought it. Original fog light housings were shot, so I bought a set of blazer fog lights, and modified the factory brackets to hold them. They look 100% stock, but only cost $40 plus the mods to the brackets.

I have HP tuners, so I tuned the car myself.

The car has run (on a set of drag radials) a best of 12.35 @ 110.4 at Island Dragway.

Future mods include a set of ported 243 heads and a cam, possibly this winter.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
band77one
15 Second Club

I'm James and this is my 2000 Camaro SS. 90.5k miles, edelbrock shorty headers, volant cold air kit, magnaflow stainless steel catback. Factory wheels, leather interior. t-tops that dont leak ( do i win now ? )
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
greenformula92

Mike VanderDrift

Car is a 91 GTA Trans Am. the car has 94k original miles. Mods include Hooker Emissions headers, Catco High flow 3 inch in/3 inch out, and a Borla Cat Back, and a Spohn Panhard Rod. Future work will be 3.73 gears, LCA's, and I want to redo the leather and the headliner

2018 Silverado 1500

Last edited by greenformula92; 11-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia