Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 03-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
DaSkinnyGuy

first pics of 2008

I got home from work today at 5:20pm. I knew the car needed some wax. After an hour later of washing and waxing I took the car to a new school that was built. I have been waiting to do this since nov. But at that time I wanted to go we had snow and then the car was put away for the winter. So now the time came.When ever i get the chance i try to take some car shots. I want to keep practing until I can figure out how to take some pro like looking shots. I made it to this location by the nick of time. The sun was just setting. Give me some feed back.

2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

You should have turned your wheels to the left for the last pic....they look good overall though.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

cool pics. Still makes me miss my 91.

Jen waxed the LS1 this afternoon, and I detailed under the hood and the inside of it. Didn't shoot pics though.

Maybe tomorrow the LT1 can get the 5 star treatment.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
88Z-Man

Looks good! Can't wait to get mine out again.
88Z-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

I think the second one would make a great background. And I think you need to treat that fresh parking lot with some new rubber.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
I think the second one would make a great background. And I think you need to treat that fresh parking lot with some new rubber.
Thanks so far for all your comments, I look foward to seeing what else people say. I do know Is I wish I had a better camera. But this is still a good camera that I have. One day i will get that Nikon camera i want.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Get a copy of Photoshop and make use of simple tools like Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, & Light. A make use of the crop tool! Gotta get rid of the negative space under the car.

Otherwise the first shot is a start.

Last edited by ar0ck; 03-22-2008 at 09:16 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Get a copy of Photoshop and make use of simple tools like Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, & Light. A make use of the crop tool! Gotta get rid of the negative space under the car.

Otherwise the first shot is a start.

Thanks for chiming in, I have never used photoshop before. Can you explain what the negative space is under my car? Maybe if your bored could you photoshop the 1st one to show me what to do. And is it possible to photoshop the 2nd image so I dont have the yellow cross walk in the pic, if u notice my car is lined up with the doors to the building but the crosswalk lines arent lined up to the doors, so they screw up the pic. At least I feel.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Unfortunetly with the second picture their is to much yellow to get rid of, maybe someone else can.

When it comes to taking pictures of the cars, locations are key, and you really need to scope them out before you plop a car down. A sign in the background, parking lines or a tree "growing" from your car can make or break a picture. I'm not perfect I've been known to rush through a picture only to have something really stupid show up in it.

Last edited by ar0ck; 03-22-2008 at 09:29 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
DaSkinnyGuy

Thats looks perfect, how the sides were chopped off, I honestly think I took a good pic . I waited since last fall to take that.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

The cars set up right and the level of the shot is right on. Another key thing to remember is wheels to the camera, and if your going to show tire, show 2 or all 4.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #12
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
The cars set up right and the level of the shot is right on. Another key thing to remember is wheels to the camera, and if your going to show tire, show 2 or all 4.
That's good to hear.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #13
Kojak

Photo shop isn't that hard to use, just play around with it and you can figure it out. The "You Suck at Photo Shop" videos helped me out

Last edited by Kojak; 03-23-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
DaSkinnyGuy

Nice work kojack, i like how you took the time to get rid of the yellow lines.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #15
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post
Nice work kojack, i like how you took the time to get rid of the yellow lines.
Now you just have to work on getting the reflection of the lines out of the paint.

- Justin

Old 03-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #16
Blacdout96

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
Now you just have to work on getting the reflection of the lines out of the paint.

- Justin
wow, eagle eyes. Nice photos Kojak, very very clean Firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 03-23-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #17
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
wow, eagle eyes. Nice photos Kojak, very very clean Firebird
So does this mean that maybe....I have the chance of making the 2009 calender?
Old 03-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
Kojak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post

- Justin
Check again...
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #19
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Check again...
HaHa you edited the post and fixed the last pic. Sweet thanks for the work. tomorrow I am going out and taking more pics, i have the whole day free to do stuff.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Check again...
Good job, looks very nice.

- Justin

Old 03-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #21
Iroc-z86

not bad, alex is right. as a fellow photo major i would watch out for a busy background, meaning a lot of distractions or things going on behind the car. Obviously the main subject is the car, just be careful not to let the background over power the object. also try some different angles not just straight on. I have some of my jeep, i need to upload them when i do ill show you what i mean. but looks good so far.

ps where is that place with clock?

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater

Last edited by Iroc-z86; 03-23-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #22
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc-z86 View Post
not bad, alex is right. as a fellow photo major i would watch out for a busy background, meaning a lot of distractions or things going on behind the car. Obviously the main subject is the car, just be careful not to let the background over power the object. also try some different angles not just straight on. I have some of my jeep, i need to upload them when i do ill show you what i mean. but looks good so far.

ps where is that place with clock?
In byram near the police station.

Last edited by DaSkinnyGuy; 03-23-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #23
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i would also scope the background more. you cut out the top above the clock, kinda looks weird. maybe since all the lights are lit on the building, throw your parking lamps on. kinda tie it in. the way arock cropped it down too, keeps all of the focus on the car. all in all though, looks pretty good.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #24
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

it would be cool if you found a road with double white lines then parked the car so that your stripes lined up with them.. It would look like the road lines go up and over the car...
Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #25
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPERFORMANCE View Post
it would be cool if you found a road with double white lines then parked the car so that your stripes lined up with them.. It would look like the road lines go up and over the car...
I can't think of any road in NJ with double white lines, but I believe PA has some, if you can think of any let me know. i would be willing to make the drive for that pic. Believe me at some point I have thought about this. I just thought of it what about at like a drag strip or some type of race track, do they have double white lines, or is it just a single line seperating the right land from the left line?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia