Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
maroman88
12 Second Club

custom burnt chip

since i still have the 350 22lbs injectors on my 305 tpi and i really dont wanna dig into a project of changing them, can i get a custom burnt chip so itll run properly with the larger injectors? i know theres a few people that sell themn on ebay and theyll program them to the specs your car has.... i need to pass emmisions!
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
The Fixer

You can get a chip burned to compensate for the larger injectors, but I wouldn't just throw someone's chip in there without having them datalog your car first.

Or, I have a set of 19lb. SVO injectors on my TPI 305; they have about 25K miles on them. I'll be putting them up for sale within a month, since they'll be too small for my 355. Let me know if you can hold out that long.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
maroman88
12 Second Club

thanks steve but i already bought some 305 injectors a while back and never felt like putting them in.
when i hook my car up to the scanner is seems to linger right around the rich/lean mark, keeps alternating between the two, so its not way too rich, but you can always smell gas around the car and in it, i failed emisions for HC's and O2, but i found out that the 2 ground wires that go to the back of the passenger side head weren't conected! so i now have an o2 reading and all that. right now i just want to pass inspection (legally) lol, ya think i can pull it off with the 350 injectors now that the o2 system works?
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
The Fixer

It's possible you'll pass. Might as well bring it to Paramus and try it, it won't cost ya anything. Of course, if it's been running that rich for a long time, you might have killed the cat too. I did that once with too much fuel pressure.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning