Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
madness410

did some weird NJ stuff today..

i know some people are into this kind of stuff. i went to the abandoned lambertville high school in..well...lambertville. it was a really creepy place at night but it was a lot of fun with my friends.

story behind it is it burned down in 1926, remodeled in 1927, and re-burned down in the late '80s. and has been an abandoned building ever since. there was also a rumor of a kid who broke is neck playing in a rivalry football game named bill who would break your neck if you challenge him to a football game in the school by throwing a football at you.

also went out to see pig lady road in hillsborough which we had no luck finding, supposedly its a road where an old lady haunts it but you need to leave someone alone out in the middle of nowhere and taunt pig lady to come. no, not manbearpig...pig lady.

i took a few pics, and you guys are really going to kill me because the pictures suck but i realized you really cant take good pictures with crap in your pants...

Last edited by madness410; 03-19-2009 at 01:35 AM.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
wrong generation

Social Networks:

my sister has a friend here from cali and we have been going to alot of the places in this area that are in wierd nj. my sister and i have been into that mag and doing that kind of stuff sense we were real little.
wrong generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

sickk ive done a bunch of weird nj places gotta get some pictures up. ive been to clinton rd, shades of death road, peace valley rd, devils tree, the boat house....yea more
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

You better hit up the insane asylum before they knock it down, and you can never journey to hell again....
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
You better hit up the insane asylum before they knock it down, and you can never journey to hell again....
Byberry was the king of that- and that's long gone.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
LTb1ow

Really? Last I heard they were kinda iffy about destroying it, darn, I wanted to take a journey to hell..
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
On June 14, 2006, a ceremony was held to celebrate the beginning of the complete demolition of the former Byberry hospital, and the future construction of a large adult living community, and an office park consisting of 8-10 story office buildings, on the former hospital grounds. "Geppert Brothers" demolition was hired to demolish the buildings, while "Delta Removal" was hired to remove hazardous materials; such as lead paint, and asbestos. Abatement and demolition started with "C" buildings, followed by the "W" buildings, and ended with the "N" buildings. No explosives were used in the demolition of any of the buildings. The only existing buildings are used for private drug/alcohol rehabilitation
There you go. For the longest time the buildings were still standing due to asbestos and hazmat.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
LTb1ow

Oh darn.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #9
Frosty

Yeah Byberry is completely gone, it's being made into a huge retirement community. It's like 10 minutes from my place.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 03-19-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
BurninrubberGT

we do this stuff a lot, even though its all bs, it fun as hell and does scare the **** out of you occasionally
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
SirLazardus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
They are planning on knocking it down. The cops are also trying to keep a close eye on it and trying to prevent people from going there. I'd say be careful if you do decide to go there.
SirLazardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i have to do some weird nj. the most i did was go into admiral farrigate (sp?) in bayville. that was cool.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
band77one
15 Second Club

there was a creepy insane asylum in Lakeland near my house in SJ and they tore that one down a few years back too, that place was nuts
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
Camvill

been there done that... CReepeeepy thing happend to me and my friends when we went there. There were an exact number of other kids were there. We all went in together and soon realized that the kids in the other group were like copies of us. This kid had the same name and tattoo as my friend... creepy.

CURRENT RIDE- 99 Z28 with Ground Effects Slp intake Exhaust and Short Throw shifter- best 1/4 -13.34@105.6 New mods yet to be tested->Pacestter long tubes--->Tune by TTP= 349 RWHP 362 Ftlbs
Camvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

i've been to the lamberville high school and i was under the impression that it burned down in the 50's? could be wrong and the billy story i was told you go up to the old football field (which is now 100 yards of shrubs and small trees) and challenge him to a race

did you guys go up to the third floor its crazy because there is tress and shrubs growing so you fee like you are on the ground then you look out a window and you 3 stories up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
crank hp is like measuring your dick from behind your balls.
Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
FIcamaroRE92

done alot my self. the gates of hell were by far the scariest tho. Insane asylum comes in a close second.
01 Cherokee Sport -4 1/2'' lift 32'' goodyear duratracs
roofrack and other useless off road stuff
WTB: '71 Dodge Demon 340 project car
FIcamaroRE92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Teds89IROC

I love this stuff I used to do a few of them years ago. The best was an old insane asylum in Verona, I think its demolished now. They have one that's currently used and the old one was across the street and up a huge hill. We would park in the hospital parking lot and climb up a pretty steep hill in the woods to get to it.
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

I haven't been up to the Lambertville school in years. Looks pretty much the same, just more decayed. When I was in HS we actually used to party up there sometimes. It was creepy, but fun.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley View Post
i've been to the lamberville high school and i was under the impression that it burned down in the 50's? could be wrong and the billy story i was told you go up to the old football field (which is now 100 yards of shrubs and small trees) and challenge him to a race

did you guys go up to the third floor its crazy because there is tress and shrubs growing so you fee like you are on the ground then you look out a window and you 3 stories up
not quite sure when it burned down, but if it did burn down in the 50's stuff in there is in great condition for being 59 years old. not sure though. i heard the late 80's early 90's. its obvious why they havent demolished it yet, its on a steep hill surrounded all by woods...how can they get demolition equipment up there lol.

yeah its a huge telephone case with these stories, supposedly his name is buckeye, then billy, then gary, who knows lol. we went looking for the field, we were hoping to find goal posts we couldnt find them. we didnt really go inside, it was pitch black we had 2 flashlights between 3 people and heard movement inside...never know, crackheads, drug dealers, convicts, criminals, robbers, etc...we are a bunch of softies
Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #20
FIcamaroRE92

here is a good weird NJ site
http://www.lostinjersey.com/
01 Cherokee Sport -4 1/2'' lift 32'' goodyear duratracs
roofrack and other useless off road stuff
WTB: '71 Dodge Demon 340 project car
FIcamaroRE92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
TronsBird

anybody been on whipporwill road?

senior year, woo.
TronsBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #22
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

i love when people go to clinton road and demons alley...clinton road is nothing, been on it a million times....demons alley is literally 15 seconds driving from my house...nothing there either

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #23
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
not quite sure when it burned down, but if it did burn down in the 50's stuff in there is in great condition for being 59 years old. not sure though. i heard the late 80's early 90's. its obvious why they havent demolished it yet, its on a steep hill surrounded all by woods...how can they get demolition equipment up there lol.

yeah its a huge telephone case with these stories, supposedly his name is buckeye, then billy, then gary, who knows lol. we went looking for the field, we were hoping to find goal posts we couldnt find them. we didnt really go inside, it was pitch black we had 2 flashlights between 3 people and heard movement inside...never know, crackheads, drug dealers, convicts, criminals, robbers, etc...we are a bunch of softies
you def need to go in its crazy i've been in a handful of times day and night if you want next time you're feeling it i can be you unofficial tour guide just pm me haha

Quote:
Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley View Post
you def need to go in its crazy i've been in a handful of times day and night if you want next time you're feeling it i can be you unofficial tour guide just pm me haha
yeah ive never been there during the day..i was thinking since its been abandoned for so long there would be floor boards loose and crumbling bricks didnt want to get hurt...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #25
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
yeah ive never been there during the day..i was thinking since its been abandoned for so long there would be floor boards loose and crumbling bricks didnt want to get hurt...
surprisingly its sturdy from what is saw and i've been in there with 6 other people at once and we didn't hear and noises of stress and what not

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge