Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
V
Stalker

Bridgewater Acura... bunch of incompatant morons

... yes thats where i recently bought my CTSV and im amazed how a dealership like that can stay in business.

1st... 2weeks after i bought the car the starter dies and turns out it isnt even the correct starter in the car, cost me time money and aggrivation, they say send them the bill and they'll help me out. we'll see how that goes..
2nd.. after being without my car for a week, i open the trunk to find it full of water and no spare(since the car no longer has run flats on it). the sunroof drains were drainign into the trunk, not under the car liek they should be, all is fixed now.

then this is the best one...
2 days before my temp tags expire... they call me and say they dont have the title for my trade in and they cant process my new registration and plates until then. I had told them i never had the title and to check with the bank. If the bank didnt have it, id do what id have to to get a duplicate. well they waited 4 weeks before they tell me this... because "they just found out".
so right away i go apply for a duplicate title, turns out the initial title was mailed but deemed undeliverable and was returned to NY DMV. thats why i never had a title. So a new one gets sent out, but military base address mail is slow. The dealer says they will overnight me an additional extension... they never do. I call them and they say then cant do that and never said they would. (there are several more lies and contradictions they made, but ill spare all that for now) This is what i get after talkign to constantly different people. No one does their job. well finally I get the title after 10 days, and i call then to let them know i will be overnighting the title to them. I make it clear that when they then overnight the new plates/reg to me, its a specific NY address where someone will be able to sign for it...
Because now its been another 2 weeks i couldn't drive my car.

I called them today, they say yes they got the title and my reg and plates had been sent out and they will be sending also a check for the full amount that the starter replacement cost me. Fair enough. I also ask for the tracking number of my plates, so i can make sure they were sent.

well tonight, i just checked the number they gave me, and yes they are on time, BUT it was sent to my NJ address, not to me here in upstate NY. needless to say, im furious. like beyond words.. Of course i already left the finance manager and the pre-owned manager both nice little voicemails. The next time im in nj, i told them i demand to meet with the owner of the dealership. And believe me, i will.

This is rediculous... i cant imagine how so many people in one place can have such a low IQ....

So, in the end my point is, stay away from this dealership....

ill let you know how it goes tomorrow when i speak to any and everybody at the dealership. Gonna try to get a hold of the owner mainly.

Last edited by V; 05-13-2010 at 09:32 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
maroman88
12 Second Club

yes, stealerships generally blow
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I've been there before to check out a LS1 car for my friend. They seemed like a normal clueless dealer
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
edpontiac91

The owner is Bill Vince and he is almost 90 years old. He really doesn't give a rats ass about your problem, that's what he has a Sales Managers for (that make $150,000). Also that's why you don't buy a GM Cadillac from an ACURA dealer. Most of the techs there don't know a Cadillac starter from a water pump. You buy a Cadillac from a GM Cadillac dealer who usually has techs with the background that gives them the expertise to know what recalls and problems these cars might have had and can take care of them. I'am sure that Bridgewater ACURA really did perform their 121 point inspection (more like change the oil and check the brakes) that leaves 119 other items that the "Tech" doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
V
Stalker

i spoke with the sales manager earlier today, along with an apology on behalf of the entire dealership, the size of the check they are sending me keeps getting bigger. We'll see in a few days, but at least itll cover the entire out of pocket expense for the Starter and now something for the spare tires/trunk issue..
Im trying to have my mother overnight the plates to me once they arrive there. And apparently they dont want me to come visit nor speak to the owner, lol.

I had the car checked over by my old boss, but i even went through it and didnt find anything to be concerned with, i know their "inspections" are worthless. The starter was a fluke thing, but now its new and will be paid for. And had i bought this car at a caddy dealer i would have paid at least 5k more.

and ive bought a GMC from a GMC dealer with even more issues, so i dont even wanna hear that bs line about buying from one or the other. Most techs are just part-swappers, at ANY dealership.

Last edited by V; 05-14-2010 at 10:47 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
i spoke with the sales manager earlier today, along with an apology on behalf of the entire dealership, the size of the check they are sending me keeps getting bigger. We'll see in a few days, but at least itll cover the entire out of pocket expense for the Starter and now something for the spare tires/trunk issue..
Im trying to have my mother overnight the plates to me once they arrive there. And apparently they dont want me to come visit nor speak to the owner, lol.

I had the car checked over by my old boss, but i even went through it and didnt find anything to be concerned with, i know their "inspections" are worthless. The starter was a fluke thing, but now its new and will be paid for. And had i bought this car at a caddy dealer i would have paid at least 5k more.

and ive bought a GMC from a GMC dealer with even more issues, so i dont even wanna hear that bs line about buying from one or the other. Most techs are just part-swappers, at ANY dealership.
If they offer to mail something and they jack you around on it, let me know. I will pick it up and mail it on their behalf if need be...
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge