Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #51
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Got the car back. They replaced the plugs on cyl's 1 and 3 and tested the coils. To cover their bases, they swapped coil 1 for coil 2, and coil 3 for coil 6. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but the car feels like power is substantially reduced. They used Autolite Double Platinum plugs, but offered to swap for Iridiums if I wanted. Ah well. We'll see what happens. Thanks guys.

Now back to the original plan, the letter...

Last edited by qwikz28; 09-25-2010 at 12:11 PM.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #52
BonzoHansen
Admin.

hondas don't like autolites

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #53
BigAls87Z28

Nothing but LT1's like Autolites, and thats because the ignition system doesnt know what its doing.

NGK Iridium...go there and demand.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #54
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Nothing but LT1's like Autolites, and thats because the ignition system doesnt know what its doing.

NGK Iridium...go there and demand.
The car is super sluggish. I think I'm going to have to.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #55
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
no no, i know what you are saying. literally the coil bolts to the valve cover and on the bottom of the coil is the boot which attaches to the plug. the only wires you could possibly cross are the harness connections but even then, they are a specific length so they can only go to the correct coil. literally coil-on-plug
LOL. Ya got me there!
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 AM   #56
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

If they MUST use Autolites, use the number they need in an "XP" series.

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #57
Frosty

Jake, did you contact GM Customer Care yet? I had a situation late last week with a customer...and unfortunate situation that seems to be happening more and more often. It seems this oh so wonderful 3.6 DI engines(you know, the one God built right after the LS1?) seem to be puking timing chains..well being that it's happening more and more often the chains and tensioners are in high demand. GM warehouse has none, we have 3 different SPAC cases on it hoping another dealer will sell us the parts. I have no ETA on ANYTHING so the customer called the GM line(she's not angry with us) and within 2hrs we got a call from them..so they DO try to help out the best they can.

I'm getting fed up with GM though, this isn't the first 3.6 to come in like this and we're a very small dealership. GM's TAC(tech assistance) off the record says it's because the customers aren't changing their oil every 3K. ****ing BS. First off, the 3K mile oil change is overkill on today's cars. Second off, GM tells their customers to go by their oil life monitor %, which typically at 3K is 65-68%. Third off, they also tell them go by their ONSTAR report if they receive it. So F GM on this. Lets blame customers for GM using junk parts. Sorry for the ranting
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 09-26-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #58
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Jake, did you contact GM Customer Care yet? I had a situation late last week with a customer...and unfortunate situation that seems to be happening more and more often. It seems this oh so wonderful 3.6 DI engines(you know, the one God built right after the LS1?) seem to be puking timing chains..well being that it's happening more and more often the chains and tensioners are in high demand. GM warehouse has none, we have 3 different SPAC cases on it hoping another dealer will sell us the parts. I have no ETA on ANYTHING so the customer called the GM line(she's not angry with us) and within 2hrs we got a call from them..so they DO try to help out the best they can.

I'm getting fed up with GM though, this isn't the first 3.6 to come in like this and we're a very small dealership. GM's TAC(tech assistance) off the record says it's because the customers aren't changing their oil every 3K. ****ing BS. First off, the 3K mile oil change is overkill on today's cars. Second off, GM tells their customers to go by their oil life monitor %, which typically at 3K is 65-68%. Third off, they also tell them go by their ONSTAR report if they receive it. So F GM on this. Lets blame customers for GM using junk parts. Sorry for the ranting
Tony- I haven't yet, because my mind was completely consumed by the misfire that kept worrying me of having to spend more money on a cat or coil plug. The car is running great now but I still always have the fear of snapping another sway bar. So I will likely get around to contacting them this week.

I agree with the GM rant. That timing chain issue is something that worried my father and I when we got our Cadillac. It seems like the timing chain issue happens more with the 3.6, so we insisted on getting the 3.0 (which is newer, and hopefully improved). Out of principle, I will not consider another GM car to replace the Saturn unless they promise to cover any future repairs resulting from my sway bar snapping. I am a GM fanboi, but this is crazy. Besides, I lust over the next gen Kia Optima.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/26/b...0-new-sonatas/

Look at that customer service. 10 complaints, and a recall is issued BEFORE the investigation is completed. Not trying to bash GM, and I know I am kinda asking for alot here considering every car has their issues, but 2 broken sway bars is not normal.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #59
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
hondas don't like autolites
My CR 250 says differently.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #60
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
My CR 250 says differently.
ok, honda automobile engines don't like autolites

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #61
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
ok, honda automobile engines don't like autolites
Fair enough.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge