Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
Mark42

Do you think its fair....

Do you think its right that 50% of Americans pay taxes. And the top 10% of the income bracket pays 90% of the taxes?

Do you think its right that many people who don't have to pay taxes, get money back from the IRS every year? That is money that the tax paying public is paying into the system. Otherwise known as redistribution of wealth.

Do you think it is right that able bodied people are able to raise an entire family with their sole income being from Welfare, Tax credits and other government handouts, without ever working a single paying job?

Everyone who is going to enter the work force in the next few years needs to take a hard look at how much of your income will be taxed for the sole purpose of paying off mounting federal debt, Welfare, and other "entitlement" programs like the new health care enacted by President Obama.

I read with great interest about all the young people here who are in college or tech schools, working hard to get ahead. My niece and nephews used to have the opinion "those poor people, the govmt should do more to help them". Then they got jobs, and after they start making 40K or so, they change their tune to "Hey! Why the F*** are they taking so much money from my paycheck????? Screw those lazy asses who don't want to work!!! Kick their butts off Welfare and make them get a job!!!! How the hell am I supposed to buy a condo when they keep taking all my money???? How come I have to pay so much for Health Insurance???" .

Yep, the future will be more interesting for you folks, than it was when I was your age.

Just wondering what your views on what the future holds for you are.

1998 Firebird Coupe
Mods: 3.73 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac, PCM Tune, LS1 Aluminum Drive Shaft, Cold Air Intake, 180 Thermostat, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Moog LCA busings.

My Firebird Projects
: Click Here

Last edited by Mark42; 05-13-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
JerzLT1

IBTL, no politics

Old 05-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Squirrel
13 Second Club

i havent had faith in humanity/the system for a long time... and im only 23
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Old 05-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Iroc-z86

we are all screwed. i have been saying it for years. the news the other day said we are slowly recovering from the recession.. i never laughed so hard in my life. i guess im lucky to have a job but hey i went to school for 5 years, i have two degrees and am only making $20k a year... how pathetic is that?

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
V
Stalker

i didnt have to pay taxes for 2009, so am i part of the problem? and yes i made my average yearly income.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge