Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Canseco now?
He's a liar plain & simple 1 9.09%
I think he was completely telling the truth in his book 6 54.55%
I think hes a douche for throwing people under the bus but think it was at least partially truthful 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Baseball steroid situation...

With Rafael Palmeiro coming up positive for steroids even though he sat in front of congress & said he never took steroids what do you guys all think about Canseco? 99.9% of people thought he was talking out of his ass with his book but Palmeiro is now the 7th person to test positive this season & im sure there will be more to come.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I love baseball, but it's full of fawkin juiceheads. If they would make it more honest and ban them from playing for testing positive instead of focusing on ticket sales I'm sure the sport would gain back some of it's dignity. They should just erase Bonds, McGuire, Palmeiro, Giambi, Sosa, and all the pitchers that juice from the record books. Aaron hit 755 home runs, in larger ballparks, and with no juice. Marist hit 61 homers in '61. It's just not right that McGuire and Sosa get the official recognition for beating that record. I'm glad they started actually testing people this year. Anyone wanna take a guess as to why Bonds took the year off? Yea, he had to clean his pee.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Yeah, but what do you think is going on in the other sports? All of pro sports is tainted by the stuff and most of them just look the other way. I wish you could really tell who's an honest athlete any more.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
Yeah, but what do you think is going on in the other sports? Â*All of pro sports is tainted by the stuff and most of them just look the other way. Â*I wish you could really tell who's an honest athlete any more.
were not talking about other sports were talking about baseball and the fact that everyone was freaking out at Canseco when the book came out but its looking more & more as if he was telling the truth about whats going on in the game...as far as other sports go alot of them already have steriod & drug policies in place & regularly test...baseball was just way behind the times. Thats not to say there arent people in other sports using steriods just saying there is random testing.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
Fasterthanyou

I gotta go to Atco right now but I'll tell you this. They all suck. I watch baseball for another reason now and it's not to see records broken but instead, to watch the teams get to the world series. If they can't get the drugs out completely then don't bother, all or nothing. If everybody starts juicing in the league they'll be playing against other juiced players until eventually they'll all be dead at the age of 30 from a masive heart failure or stroke. That's the only way to do it... zero tolerance, not JUST shame because face it. They can still say well hell, I'm not the only one and then apoligize like Giambi did. More power to him for coming back from his slump and apoligizing to the fans.
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #6
tastyle88

canseco

well canseco and mcguire were my favorite ball players they got me loveing oakland. now that canseco has that book out he better watch his back! i still think its wrong to rat anyone out he had no right to bring in other names they would have paid for it eventually. besides just remember it may give them the power now but when there 50 and dying from cancer whos gonna give a ****. no one they did it to themselves everyone loses in this situation. its sad but i wouldnt be surprised if someone puts a hit on canseco i know if i was bonds or palmero id be messin sh-- up rip bash brothers
Old 08-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Re: canseco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyle88
well canseco and mcguire were my favorite ball players they got me loveing oakland. now that canseco has that book out he better watch his back! i still think its wrong to rat anyone out he had no right to bring in other names they would have paid for it eventually. besides just remember it may give them the power now but when there 50 and dying from cancer whos gonna give a ****. no one they did it to themselves everyone loses in this situation. its sad but i wouldnt be surprised if Â*someone puts a hit on canseco i know if i was bonds or palmero id be messin sh-- up rip bash brothers
but if he hadnt written it would there be testing in mlb? no. Somebody had to say something...im anxious to see if palmerio goes to jail for perjury now as hes going in front of congress again...wonder what his excuse will be. They are saying the steriods he took couldnt have been something he wouldnt have know where going into his body so we'll see.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge