Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
88jerseyiroc

Rough Idle and stalling

Ok today i finally installed a new Pioneer deck and after that installation, the car was idling rough and stalling. I thought it was running hot but that isnt the case, so i left it sitting for a couple of hours and tried it again and it did the same thing. Does anyone know what can cause this? I really hope it wasnt the new pioneer deck in. It was simple, no sodering or cutting wires, got all the necessary parts for the installation. Please i need help becasue i start a new job on Monday and i dont want to get fired before i even start there.
88jerseyiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

try pulling the radio out and just disconnecting the harness. not sure why that would make a difference but you can try it. otherwise, start checking vaccuum lines under the hood. also do your heater controls have a vac. line running to them? couldve knocked it off while installing the radio

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
88jerseyiroc

Ok i took out the radio, worked for like 5 min then went right back to roughing idling and then stalling. I checked all the vacuum hoses, all that i saw was ok. this time though, there was heavy gas smell coming from the engine compartment.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
The Fixer

Try checking your fuses. The injectors are on two separate fuses, so if one popped while installing the radio you could only have half the motor firing. That would explain the rough idle/stalling.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
88jerseyiroc

Checked the fuses they were good, even changed them on good measure. Still doing the same old. I guess i am going to torch the car and send it off on a viking ceremonial burial or i got to see if i can get get it too the shop today
or tomorrow. Unless anyone else has any other ideas?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #6
Untamed

Quickest way is to take it in and have them hook up the ALDL. If its throwing codes, you can at least find out whats wrong and either do the work yourself or have the shop do it.

Knowing is half the battle. Don't wait too long to find out, so you have enough time to get things fixed before you start work.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning