Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
coldkilla

Look at your ecm for me please?

If you have a 93-97 LT1 F-body take a look at your ecm for me (passengers side firewall). I need to know if you have a 2 piece plastic cover that completely surrounds the ecm. The bottom portion is what anchors it to the body. Take a pic for me if you can. I need to know because my ecm went bad do to moisture inside the case and I only have the bottom plastic part that holds the ecm down so the actual ecm case is visable on top and i think water hit it and condensated inside. am i missing a top cover? there are two unused mounting holes on my bottom cover so i think i might be. i dont want to ruin my new ecm. thanks!

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

without grabbing a 10mm socket and taking it out....

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
coldkilla

ok thanks. now the top portion thats metal colored, is that the actual ecm or is that a cover that is going over the ecm? because my ecm is black and doesnt look like that.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

hmmm I dont have that cover on mine, just the plastic that bolts it to the inner fender of the car...
Old 06-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
Injuneer

Photo of PCM on Kelly Drown's Project TransAM:
http://www.projecttransam.com/images/km_3.jpg

Photo of PCM plastic bracket on Shoebox's Tech pages:
http://shbox.com/1/fuel_pump_prime.jpg

PCM in my Formula:
http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03639a.jpg
http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03479a.jpg

Never saw one that didn't look exactly like those photos.

1994 Formula - 381ci / 300-shot N2O / TH400 / Gear Vendor OD / Strange 12-bolt 4.11 - 11.5@117 on straight motor
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
coldkilla

yeah mine isnt silver with the heat sink fins. the one i took off and the new one i put on is just a cheapo black box. but alas, i do have a 93, the odd ball year.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
V
Stalker

sorry for the poor pic, its on my other computer and i can't upload it so i just used my digital camera to take a pic of the screen. The car is my old 93 T/A, sorry theres not much detail but itll maybe give you an idea or something to compare to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAecm.JPG (64.2 KB, 8 views)
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

The mount is 1 piece that covers the ECM on the side facing the front of the car and is open on the side facing the firewall. There are hole in it that aren't used. I'd assume it's designed to fit a few different cars other then the camaro?
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #9
coldkilla

im using those holes to mount an aluminum cover im fabbing up for it so water cant actually hit the case again

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning