Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
transmaro93

ltcc and wires???

hey guys im going to be running ltcc and coil per cyl. on my car when its together... im using ls2 coils... my question is do i need to get the straight cut boots for the coil side of the wire (i think im going to have to get a cut to lenth set anyway) but the 90 boots wont work on the coil side... right? becuase they dont go in deep enough to clip on... i obviously need to go with 90 on the plug side due to the header and head design... only reason i like the 90 on the coil side better is becuase it will tuck in better than the staight on poking straight out and then turning in to clip down on the plug... thanks for any help... also is there any other kits for "do it yourself" wires... 8mm should be plenter for N/A 383 stroked lt1 right? i think thats what im going with diameter wise.... thanks for any help...
Old 09-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
gonzo4886

Where are you puttin the coils? I would put straight boots on no matter where you locate them and 8.5 msd wires work great. Never had any problems with them. You will need spark plug crimpers also if you are making them your self.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
transmaro93

yea im making them my self... i actually just did some footwork and im just going to peice them all together with msd stuff becuase i read tayolrs are terrible... anybody know what heat range plug i should go with... i was thinking maybe a 5 heatrange.... N/A 383 stroker decent sized roller cam 200cc heads.... any input on this...
Old 09-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
JerzLT1

taylors have been on my old car for over 2 years now and its still running strong

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning