Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
fire-chickens

the red F-body that sits on rt 519 in Harmony

has anyone ever looked at that car, its been there for over a year the body looks great, but he's asking way way way way too much for that thing, 6k for a 120k+ mile 94 hardtop trans am "GT" model with the 110mph speedo/governor auto and maybe 2.73 gears? the only nice thing about the car is the body and exhaust and the engine bay seemed to be pretty clean when I looked at it. thats about it. I got a test ride in that car and it seemed to run okay, smoked a bit at startup and the guy drove it across the grass at like 15 mph which is fast in a low car like that on rough terrain, and as soon as we hit the street he whips out into a drift flat to the floor, tires burning then we go onto a backroad and he's mashing on it in every turn and it seemed kinda slow but it was spinning a lot if I remember correctly, then on the way back he wasn't paying attention and there was a rock the size of say a small rabbit and he hit the thing DEAD center under the car and it bounces off of multiple things, probably cracked some stuff lol but after that he said i think ill stop cause you probably think im beating the crap outta this thing. And he said its a ncie car but nobody's come up with the money yet, wonder why haha.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Rotti54

That car has been for sale there for like 2 years or so. I figured he was asking too much, or it was just totally beat on. Guess it was a little of both. I say it's worth it for about 3,000 or 3,500 tops, especially after that test drive story!!!
2001 Firehawk Trans Am 13.000 miles, Red, Ebony Leather, Hurst 6spd, T-Tops, Hooker Super Competition Long Tubes w/Off Road Y-Pipe. Custom Tune by Tune Time Performance, 160 deg. Thermostat, 4.10 Gears, T/A Diff Cover, Amsoil Fluids, Custom Fuel Rail Covers.
Rotti54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
fire-chickens

i think somebody should call the guy and throw him an offer and maybe bring it to his attention that he's asking too much cause its been a cfouple years now, maybe he doesnt realize it or maybe he's jsut THAT stubborn on the price. the car is sadly sinking into the ground and probably rusting underneath now. i'd give that guy 3k tops for it. the body itself actually looks good but thats about as far as the car goes. the guy is a big redneck so yeah i know the car is beat on im not jstu saying that casue like i said the test drive he gave us was unnecessarily stupid if he was actually trying to sell the damn thing.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey