Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Stevoone

Steering leak? Jeep Liberty

A few months ago my 2004 Jeep Liberty started leaking P/S fluid from the inner tie rod boot. I topped it off and ordered a remanufactured rack. I had to top it off twice because of the amount of fluid it was losing (about 1 quart total).

The front brakes have also been pulsing like crazy and it would just about shake the steering wheel out of your hands. All the parts were delivered and I installed the new brakes (pads and rotors) but didn't have time to install the rack.

2 months after installing the brakes (still haven't installed the rack) the P/S reservoir is still full. It hasn't lost a drop since. Could the shimmy/pulsation from the brakes have caused the fluid to leak past the seal in the rack? Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
Stevoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

dont know of anything off hand. but ill ask the techs at work tommaro. and if you ever need any jeep parts, shoot me a PM. i work at a dealer
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech