Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane View Post
But we are thinking logically... the biggest geek ever who wants bragging rights because of his processer would spend that kind of money on just a chip.. A "hardcore" gamer would buy a 3.0Ghz quad-core. A "smart" gamer, would buy a X2 4600+ and overclock the **** out of it, spending hundreds less. Logically, Noodles has a decent setup going there, but he can get just as good results with an OC'ed E6600 and spend hundreds less.
Or you can buy the 3 ghz chip and clock the **** out of it.....
Old 09-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #27
BonzoHansen
Admin.

It's better then mine...but I do have TV tuner. LOL

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 09-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #28
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
It's better then mine...but I do have TV tuner. LOL
if you have a store bought computer pretty much anything home grown is better, lol.

I am not debating that he is building a decent setup.

I have the greatest trans am...ever 355 miniram hearders.. etc
oh wait my car runs like ****...
Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #29
BonzoHansen
Admin.

My old PII homebuilt is more reliable then the store bought one I use daily....

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 09-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #30
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
My old PII homebuilt is more reliable then the store bought one I use daily....
So why would you buy a store computer knowing this?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #31
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Or you can buy the 3 ghz chip and clock the **** out of it.....
...or he can buy new rims with the money he saves... but in all honesty... if someone said to me "Yea, I have a 3.0 Quadcore overclocked to a 3.8" , Id laugh, cuz, even tho its a nice chip, its seriously like saying "I have a candy-painted twin turbo Lambo Murceilago sittin on 24's, fully worked, its a fast car, but its only driven to car shows" Cuz in the long run, whats the point of all that speed? You need to be an extreme multitasker to even use that chip in its entirety...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #32
PolarBear

Quote:
if someone said to me "Yea, I have a 3.0 Quadcore overclocked to a 3.8"
If someone said the same to me I would say "wow that is B A".

Again you are bringing up irrelevant things to my point. He IS NOT building the greatest computer...ever. If he had posted "Look at this new computer that I am building ... on a budget of X" I would have not even posted in this thread.
Quote:
i can give you 65 billion other things to spend $1500 on... i would never spend that much on an Intel even if I won the mega millions lottery
If I had won I think I would have to say I would spend money on a lot of "overpriced" crap. I would also give money to my family, but I did not, neither did you. Again my point is that there is something greater than what he is building. I could have said there are other boards out there that are better because they take more RAM, my point would still have been true. There are other statements here that point out other places that money could have been spent, like on 10k RPM Hard drives. Even my older (about 2 year old computer that I built) that I put 2 10k RPM raptor hard drives still runs Vista awesome because the I/O to the storage device is MUCH better than a 7200 RPM (assuming EIDE because he didnt mention SATA or SATA 2)HDD.
Would you laugh at the guy with the Lambo?

Last edited by PolarBear; 09-06-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: EMO
Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #33
PolarBear

Quote:
Cuz in the long run, whats the point of all that speed? You need to be an extreme multitasker to even use that chip in its entirety...
Why do people build high horse big cube motors? The only time they can Legally use all that power is on the strip, track and to (at best) 65MPH on the highway?
People build it because they can.

Last edited by PolarBear; 09-06-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #34
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Why do people build high horse big cube motors? The only time they can Legally use all that power is on the strip, track and to (at best) 65MPH on the highway?
People build it because they can.
Ok, if you want to use that analogy, fine. 65 mph speedlimit... mr twin turbo lambo spends $300,000 on his car, with a top speed of lets say 200 mph, gets to 65 mph just as quick as Mr. Bolt-On C6 Z06 who spends $85,000 on his car, which has the top speed of lets say 180 mph.... in the longrun, the Z06 owner is victorious cuz even tho they are being used for the same purpose, mr z06 got the better deal and didnt have to spend a fortune.

sure, the 3.0ghz is faster, but are you gonna use all of its potential, for that kind of money??? there is really no point in emptying your wallet for something that expensive...

People build fast, and overly-expensive computers cuz they feel they will have the "bigger pecker" when discussing their setup to others, but really, they will be retarted.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #35
Noodles

Quote:
All that processing power and you guys only have a 2.1 speaker setup...... its like putting a supercharger on a big block and a 1 inch exhaust system on it.
Thats the worst analogy i ever heard... in my life...

Lol, I record... recording requires a 2.1 set up for monitors.. i dont have monitors.. but 2.1 altec lansings do the trick.. 5.1 /7.1 is HORRIBLE for recording.. and useless for gaming.. If I'm finishing top 3 with 2.1 who cares its useless

Anyway.. here is my current part list.

thermal take kandalf tower
bfg tech geforce 8800 ultra
western digital raptor 74gb 10krpm 16mb for Vista
westerndigital 250gb 7200rpm 8mb for storage
kingston 2x1g ddr3
asus p5k3 deluxwifi ap duo/quad/ddr3-1333 atx motherboard
intel core 2 quad q6700
basic creative x-fi sound card
altec lansing 2.1 (already owned) speakers
thermaltake toughpower 700w modularized powersupple with 14cm fan
Old 09-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #36
PolarBear

You are only proving my point. Who needs a Z06 Corevtte when a Kia does the same job? No one needs a high power vehicle much less a still overpriced Corvette.

Again they do it because they can.

Last edited by PolarBear; 09-06-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #37
Noodles

Quote:
Again you are bringing up irrelevant things to my point. He IS NOT building the greatest computer...ever. If he had posted "Look at this new computer that I am building ... on a budget of X" I would have not even posted in this thread.
Your an idiot.

There is no man on earth building anything near what the CIA is using. that costs a billion dollars.
I obviously am not making the best computer ever

and i'm NOT overclocking so WTF would i do with water cooling? overclocking wastes the LONGEVITY of my computer, and when WITHOUT overclocking this set up i have is capable of running any game on high that isnt out yet for the next 2 1/2 3 years... why should i?

But my setup IS something to brag about. end of story

go away, stop trying to be the badass that gets to rain on parades... Noone here but you took the loser approach to DEMEANING what i had posted. others gave constructive crit. Noone else read my title and went "eff this *******, he thinks he has the bets, yeah right! i'll show him!" like you did

your going out of your way to be an *******.
end of story.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #38
Noodles

as you can see i went with a raptor.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #39
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Your an idiot.

There is no man on earth building anything near what the CIA is using. that costs a billion dollars.
I obviously am not making the best computer ever

and i'm NOT overclocking so WTF would i do with water cooling? overclocking wastes the LONGEVITY of my computer, and when WITHOUT overclocking this set up i have is capable of running any game on high that isnt out yet for the next 2 1/2 3 years... why should i?

But my setup IS something to brag about. end of story

go away, stop trying to be the badass that gets to rain on parades... Noone here but you took the loser approach to DEMEANING what i had posted. others gave constructive crit. Noone else read my title and went "eff this *******, he thinks he has the bets, yeah right! i'll show him!" like you did

your going out of your way to be an *******.
end of story.
Again with the name calling, you should be careful. I have not called you any name or insulted you in any way. I merely called your "I have a bigger dick contest"
And this is a CAR site, I wouldnt be bragging about a computer

Last edited by PolarBear; 09-06-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #40
PolarBear

Quote:
as you can see i went with a raptor.
Ok, so you made a good choice and spent a little more money after people showed the flaw in your "bragg-able" computer. I would have gotten 2 of them and run them in a RAID stripe and get even more out of it. My computer boots in about 10 seconds after the POST

And at the beginning I meant the video card was good, I use the word "pretty" a lot, it is something I do.

Last edited by PolarBear; 09-06-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #41
Frosty

"Computer Nerds Gone Wild".

"My processor is better than yours ranks up that with "My dad can beat up your dad" nonsense.

Good going guys.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #42
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
"Computer Nerds Gone Wild".

"My processor is better than yours ranks up that with "My dad can beat up your dad" nonsense.

Good going guys.
My kid can beat up your kid
Old 09-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #43
Frosty

I don't have any kids.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #44
Noodles

Quote:
The video card isnt bad,
Quote:
And at the beginning I meant the video card was good, I use the word "pretty" a lot, it is something I do
Thats not even what you said.. and you've yet to post specs of any pc of yours so wtf are you talking about bigger dick contest? All you've proved yourself to be is an *******, and aside from that it looks like you have just as much pc hardware knowledge.. witch is only useful once every 3 years when you build a pc. so who cares?

I thought people would get a kick out of this.
I know I'm into Computers as much as I'm into cars, or i wouldnt be spending 3000 dollars on it, and i know a lot of people are like that.

And when I call you an *******. its far from namecalling. I'm just assessing how you are acting and talking. And assigning it to a word. I could use the word rude, but ******* seems to be the better choice of vocabulary for this particular situation. Rude is too light a word. Your going on and on and on.

As far as you being an idiot... Well as far as computers go...Your not proving yourself too smart. So far every alternative you've given these guys was useless expenses with no output. And your comparing speakers to the exhaust system on a car.

Yeah thats pretty idiotic.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #45
Noodles

not to mention referring to the geforce 8800 as something that "isn't bad"

when the correct answer...again this has nothing to sdo with opinion,.. would have been "the best"
Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #46
enRo
13 Second Club

Sure, you can say "they do it cuz they can", but sometimes the level of stupidity out of someone spending $1100-$1500 a 3.0 quad core when they can get almost the same performance for a hellova lot cheaper seems to be an amusement to me, and an obscure level of retardation for them.

Heres another example... Im not sure if anybody is familiar with CPU + Graphics Benchmarks....

But... someone with almost the exact same setup as what Noodles is wishing to buy, benchmarked a CPU score of 8146 at 5.1Ghz (rediculous, must keep it in an icebox lmao) ... that benchmark is a score for 3dmark06, and ranked #2 in the world....
Processor: Core 2 Extreme Q6800, spent $1019 on the chip.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2514392

Then... #7 in the world... benched at 7813, not too far away from the one stated above. Its clocked at 4.9Ghz. He has the exact same setup as what Noodles wants, minus the processor and mobo... and came in a hellova lot cheaper.
Processor: Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz CPU, spent $279
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2574448

Show of hands on who would rather spend $1020 on a chip that will outperform a $279 chip by a very, very, miniscule amount.

And its not Computer Nerds Gone Wild, its "People With Little Brains and Big Pockets Gone Wild"

Like I stated:
Quote:
People build fast, and overly-expensive computers cuz they feel they will have the "bigger pecker" when discussing their setup to others, but really, they will be retarted.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #47
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Keep it on track people...thanks.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #48
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I don't have any kids.
Neither do I
Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #49
PolarBear

Quote:
Thats not even what you said..
Ok you are correct, I have a poor memory about a lot of stuff.

And my analogy was poor so what. You had/have a pipeline problem that can be solved if you go with multiple drives, or SATA 2.

My point about the big cube motors is that people GO WAY OVERBOARD for a lot of $$ and dont necessarily get that much more than someone who spent a lot less.

I will retract my statement about the vidoe card, it is good. Dont say things are the best or great because there is ALWAYS something better out there, or will be very soon.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #50
bubba428

noodles...scooter....as a friend of mine would say "du bist ein Sonderling. gehen Tötung dein Selbst" STFU
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge