Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #26
jims69camaro

if the structure is sound and not rusted through... i'd have to see seats in good condition to make my mind up about them. i'm fairly certain that one swap isn't going to get the job done, but i could get lucky.

i need to get some ass time in some of these seats...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #27
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
interesting to note about the GTO seats, as they were imported with the monaro, right? now, that would be different. i wonder if all of the seats are the same or if they differ by year.

i know that the c6 seats are supposedly the best seat for auto-x and what-not, but i haven't heard what they are like in a DD. they sound like they'd be supportive, but the lumbar thing is a priority.

i had adjustable lumbar in a cadillac i owned ('85 eldo). but the seat was a 60/40 split, and the back was straight. i want buckets and i need at least a 6-way adjustment seat with the lumbar.
GTO seats dont differ from year to year but dont expect to find them for much less then 800 or so. great seats but heavy as hell. same goes for c6 seats.

C5 seats might be a nice find and i think they look nicer then the TA seats.

i'm plenty happy with my camaro leathers and the lack of bolstering hasnt been a problem yet, we'll have to see when i start doing suspension work.

koll- your buddy probably has bonneville seats in his impala. thats a popular mod for them (kinda like us doing TA seat swaps)
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #28
BigAls87Z28

GTO seats would be awesome, but requires moddification. Some people said that the seats sit way to high, and wouldnt be worth it. They are awesome seats...very awesome.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #29
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28
GTO seats dont differ from year to year but dont expect to find them for much less then 800 or so.
beats the hell out of $8500 for ferrari 360 modena seats in corinthian... just the skins to any late model will run you $800 for leather, so if i can find the seat and padding and skin for $800, wouldn't i be making out like a bandit... ()

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge