Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
WayFast84

The worlds a crappy place...

This all starts back to november, me and my girlfriend are on a forced break up. She starts spiraling downward, and at 16 1/2 she becomes an alky.. She trys to get booze any way she can, and she got date raped two times, The second time it happened I swear I flip out, and try to do everything I can, she refuses the help, I learned that the reason she drinks in the first place is because its the only way she felt better I figure, screw forced break up and if its gonna stop her from all this stuff, its worth it so i went back out with her, and In like a month we broke up like 12 times cause of her being all weird.. now shes hanging out with the dirt bags that I used to hang out with when I was a dirt bag and I warned her of what was to come, It finally came, and here I am upset over it, As Im talking to my freinds about this, her cousin blurts out, that when she was raped she didnt report it, and understands why my ex didnt... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Whats wrong with me? How do I get over this girl!?

plz help nothing is working.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

shes a dumb bitch and youre a cool dude. leave her POS ass and f*ckin move on bro. people dont need this stupid drama *********, especially a youngster like yourself. do friends with benefits, you get what you want, (we all know what we want from a girl) and you dont have to worry about the BS.

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Over the past few days I've been finding myself learning the same lesson you gotta learn.... she's obviously NOT the person you cared about. You've tried to help, and she just refused it? Same here. I ain't getting into my whole sob story but you gotta move on. Not saying it's easy, not saying it's anywhere NEAR easy, but rarely is anything that's worth it something easy.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
jola

Rape is really traumatic and you never know how someone will react. She may have just wanted to repress it. If she is refusing your help their isn't much you can do, but I can relate to you still wanting to help and caring about her, even if she isn't the same person. All I can say is don't let that embitter you but at the same time, don't let it dig into you and get you down.

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

burn your bridges and dont look back. you offered help and she didnt want it. no use getting yourself all worked up over something you cant control.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

if you are her friend, do whatever you can to help her. i wouldn't suggesst dating someone with problems like that, but ignoring her isn't a solution either.
you can never force people to admit to or correct addictions, that is something they have to come to in their own time. wht you can do to help them and try to accelerate the process of her realizing she needs and accepting help is to stay invovled and be around to offer alternate things to do instead of hanging with the scum bags and boozin.
don't make her problems the biggest priority in your life, but be aware that you can help in the litle ways that help lead people back from the brink of their own destruction.
i have been there with friends before, it is tough, but you can't let it consume you. the greatest lesson you can take from it at your age is that drinking is not a big deal, excessive drinking is.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
shane27

girls are dumb. they dont know what they want. the best way to get over a girl is find another one. you may think you wont find someone as good as her or whatever...but your wrong.

plenty o' fish in the sea mate.

Previous Cars: 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (5spd), 1992 Mustang GT(auto), 1995 Hyundai accent(5spd)
Current Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX (5spd)
shane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
Blacdout96

Yeah, I was put into that same hole. My one ex, who was the first I really loved, we were great but she became wierd, and started hanging out wiht some trash. She never smoked pot before but she for soem reason decided to one day with these people. well a few months downt he line, she got drunk and fooledaroudn with my bestfriend, and then a couple weeks later slept wiht some guy, some football star of her school. I took her back and in the middle ofthe summer she slept wiht my best friend whom she fooled around with back in january. well she went off to college and has become the village whore. shes slept with more then half ofa fraternity in her college, and gets drunk every night, why i dont know but it hurt so much to hear what she had become, this innocent girl turned into a whore. well last month i lost another person who i cared about alot. She says she doesnt know what she wants to do with her life so decides to just walk away from me so she could go out party, adn see other guys, I hate love, it hurts so much. dude Ive been in your shoes a few times, and it will hurt, but the bestthing you can do is get together with your friends, and try to havea good time. it helped me so much thru this last break up, I mean god the first break up that I had when I lost the one who went to college, it took me almost 9 months to get over her because I chose to stay seldom to myself instead of being around others, its hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 07-07-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

damn what are these kids getting themselves into theses days!
1995 Pontiac bonneville daily
DieselKickYoAss4Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
V
Stalker

the right girl wont cause you any problems, its as simple as that. ive given up on a few and those that know me know the crap i put up with. But you know what... I"M doing fine. thats the only one who matters, especially when you are young. Even being friends with a person who couldnt care less doesnt work. Theres a point where you just have to turn and walk away, dont let them drag you down or mess with your head, its rough but no matter what, you'll live to see another day regardless of drama the day before.

Last edited by V; 07-07-2007 at 02:23 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #11
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
the right girl wont cause you any problems, its as simple as that. ive given up on a few and those that know me know the crap i put up with. But you know what... I"M doing fine. thats the only one who matters, especially when you are young. Even being friends with a person who couldnt care less doesnt work. Theres a point where you just have to turn and walk away, dont let them drag you down or mess with your head, its rough but no matter what, you'll live to see another day regardless of drama the day before.
well spoken words bro

Quote:
Old 07-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Jeff, we kinda have more in common than we realized

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
The Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS View Post
the right girl wont cause you any problems, its as simple as that.
<snip>
Theres a point where you just have to turn and walk away, dont let them drag you down or mess with your head, its rough but no matter what, you'll live to see another day regardless of drama the day before.
AMEN!!! Back in 1999, the girl I had been dating for 6 years, and planning to get engaged to, tells me at my brother's wedding that we need to take some time off. Turns out she was cheating on me with her best friend's older sister's husband! She was 22, he was 37! I went into massive depression, lost a bunch of weight, but my good friends pulled me through it and just six months after that whole disaster I met my wife. That breakup wound up being the best thing that ever happened to me. Matt, just stay strong, put her in the past, and you will pull right through this! Keep yer chin up!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

I like chocolate pudding pie and vanilla pudding pie with graham cracker crust

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #15
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tadriver View Post
Cherry or blueberry cobbler with whipped cream ftw. back to the topic lol

Quote:
Old 07-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #16
Lt1_8U

just keep moving on with your life, keep yourself occupied with things like your car or hanging out friends. The more things you do, the less you will think about her..
Lt1_8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #17
Blacdout96

The thing that got me thru my stuff the most, and also made me not think about it the most, was workign on the camaro, thus y I got all that stuff done to my car, I just kept buying crap for it to keep my mind occupied. It was like crack at one point and time, I needed my fix and waited at the door for the UPS/FedEx guy to get here wiht my stuff lol.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #18
WayFast84

I havent thought about it since I made this post till now, But I cant just go chill with my friends, all of my friends are where her friends before they even met me. I stated that she was telling me she was going to do somethings with a dirtbag, well that dirtbag was my friend till I went to high school, then i met this chick and all her friends, I can think of 2 people im cool with and can hang out with that arent her friend.

all this crap makes me tired, Im goin to bed. thanks for the help
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #19
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Dump the chick and concentrate on the car. Don't look back. Surround yourself with people that make you a better person, not people that will hold you back. Offer support if you have to but distance yourself.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #20
BonzoHansen
Admin.

When you get a bit older, you'll be amazed at how many of the people you grew up with fall off your radar.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #21
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayFast84 View Post
I havent thought about it since I made this post till now, But I cant just go chill with my friends, all of my friends are where her friends before they even met me. I stated that she was telling me she was going to do somethings with a dirtbag, well that dirtbag was my friend till I went to high school, then i met this chick and all her friends, I can think of 2 people im cool with and can hang out with that arent her friend.

all this crap makes me tired, Im goin to bed. thanks for the help
Same here, I lost almost all of my friends from my first ex. Its sad to see that peopel you once trusted and did stuff for can easy push you away. I spent soo much time and money on my friends, and they shunned me away after we broke up like I was a bad guy. Good guys always finish last, remember that. The worst kind of relationsip you can get into is one that all your friends know, cause things can go wrong, real quick, but its hard for me to pick up girls outside of my friends, hewll all the girls ive gone out wiht since i got out of highschool was thru friends so, its hard for me, but I hear ya man, as much as you dont want to, just try to go out, youll feel better when you do, trust me.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
When you get a bit older, you'll be amazed at how many of the people you grew up with fall off your radar.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #23
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tadriver View Post
you are not me and never will be

but yeah dude...dont waste your time on her. find another girl, youll get over it shortly.

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #24
misterjuice

have a stroke!!

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
Blacdout96

Quote:
Yup, I hate to accept that fact, but it does happen.

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge