Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
jims69camaro

i read something SERIOUSLY disturbing today...

well, it's probably about a month old, since i don't always read my magazines the moment they arrive. anyway, in the (current?) PHR: those ordering a V8 SS will probably get their cars by october 2009. otherwise, they will get a later version of who knows what tweaks will be done to the 2010 model. GM is forcing dealers to take v6 models, trying to make the overall sales be 50% of each (v6 and V8). normally, when a customer places an order, the order overrides what the dealer would have received. with this new car, they are going to be doing allocation first and then taking care of orders. i am not sure i see the thought process behind this other than they will be flooding the market with v6 models (up to 50%, that is). this is the first time i've ever heard of something like this. i had planned on ordering one later in the year, provided i couldn't get my hands on the exact USED model that i want. the list isn't very long of the options i don't want, so the car would indeed be fully loaded. and, it would have to be a V8.

with so much talk about the new camaro on our site (well, we are after all, an f-body site). i might have missed the discussion on this. i did a search that proved fruitless. so, if i missed it, i apologize, but i did look before posting this.

anyway, i found that little bit of news to be disturbing, especially since PHR listed it under the fact column of their fact/rumor list. so not only is it a scary thought, but it is reality, as well.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
thunder
12 Second Club

it might have something to do with cafe standerds
Old 05-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
NastyEllEssWon

well the only way the new camaro is gonna survive is if NON ENTHUSIASTS purchase the v6 ones. seeing how gm needs money now i can see them trying to lure new customers in with lots full of new v6's while building the ones that are already either paid for or signed for. either way the ones being ''built'' are already customers of gm. no need to try to please them anymore than they already dont....gm ftl
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
BigAls87Z28

Nothing to do with CAFE, at least not right now. CAFE doesnt hit hard till 2013.

They arent forcing dealers, but all the stocking cars at first will be V6 models. And so far, thats what we have seen. The idea is to push the V6 model as much as you can, get people driving them, and then leave the enthusiasts to sort out the V8.
They just added a third shift to Oshawa to boost production, so lots of OT and lots of orders that still need to be filled.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #5
thunder
12 Second Club

its nice to hear that one of GM's plants isnt being closed or sold.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
its nice to hear that one of GM's plants isnt being closed or sold.
QFT. i know you're right.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
91chevywt

I was going to order a v6 in two-three years lol...Aqua Blue, Rally Stripes, heritage wheels. Unless the dealer had exactly what I wanted. It would be my first new car. I was hoping to reward myself with one if I can keep a teaching job for a year. Looks a lot nicer than a Honda Accord...gotta support GM, as long as they're still around.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevywt View Post
I gotta support GM, as long as they're still around.
i only wish more people would think this way.

who knows what the future holds. seeing how GM is cutting loose those dealerships that aren't producing the numbers and pontiac is going to be left on the side of the road, not to mention whatever chrysler is involved in, they are all having trouble getting the ledgers to balance. who knows, china could swoop in and pick them all up at bargain basement prices and then all cars would be made in china. it's not that they don't have the money - i think i read that their cash reserves are in the trillions of dollars - they're definitely solvent enough to get 'er done.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 05-16-2009 at 07:06 PM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge