Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Tsar
MIR

World's most valuable car brands.

In before this article is biased because GM is not number 1
Quote:
WORTHY BRANDS
World's most valuable car brands in $ billion; rank in top 100
1. BMW $21.82-- (25)
2. Toyota $21.77 -- (26)
3. Honda $14.30 -- (46)
4. Mercedes $13.74 -- (53)
5. Porsche $12.02 -- (65)
6. Nissan $8.61 -- (86)
7. Ford $7.04 -- *
8. VW $6.99 --
9. Audi $3.62 --
10. Renault $3.26 --
Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#ixzz0mXrgMEtyhttp://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#ixzz0mXoLdfcJ
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

woot, glad im going to be working for the best 8]
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Is this the list of the sucky car companys?

Cause I see GM did not make it, and since GM is the pinnacle of sales and marketing....
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
BigAls87Z28

Pinnacle of sales and marketing? You must know a different GM.

BMW #1? Really? and Ford more then VW? That doesnt make any sense, especially when the whole company is owned by the banks.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Untamed

Wait, is that a reflection of total gross revenue per year? Amount of liquid assets available? Or company valuation offered by some trading firm? Each of the categories above would reflect vastly different numbers.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
12 Second Club

What a fairy. You feel justified don't you. I mean really , there it is in print for the whole world to see isn't it. Just one more bit of evidence to prove furthermore that us stupid Americans have our head up our asses. What a valid and pertanent point this article points out. Wow we're all just blinded sheep, thank you or "enlightening" us all.
I've drank the cool-aid and it tastes good, thank you czar
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
Tsar
MIR

Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
NastyEllEssWon

i love it
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
BigAls87Z28

Still not sure how they came up with the values of these companies?
Toyota does make a lot, but BMW as #1 still perplexes me. Id have to look at the numbers, but Id say that the Camry probably outsells the whole BMW brand in America.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #10
NastyEllEssWon

you should ask your high ranking gm executive buddies next time your in the corporate washroom or standing around the watercooler
Old 05-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
BigAls87Z28

You are such a **** Jay, really.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
NastyEllEssWon

Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
Knipps

What? Where's the company that furnishes their car w/ whale penis leather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #14
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Still not sure how they came up with the values of these companies?
Toyota does make a lot, but BMW as #1 still perplexes me. Id have to look at the numbers, but Id say that the Camry probably outsells the whole BMW brand in America.
This isn't based on some sales numbers, clearly Microsoft would annihilate Apple if that was the case, not to mention market share.

This is about the most recognizable trade marks, and their power. When apple makes a new product, BAM - they sell it no matter how bad it is - that's brand power, I've heard numerous people say that they will buy the iPad solely based on the fact that apple made it, that's 100% brand power and nothing else. Take McDonalds for example, you will recognize their brand/trademark anywhere in the world, and if you're stuck in some no name Tibet village that trademark will bring in the business because you know what you will get once you step inside their establishment. And may god have mercy on your soul if you actually try to infringe on one of these trademark.

I'm sure they have some top secret formula how to figure this out, just like the BCS..
Old 05-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
89 Iroc-Z28

hopefully in a few years gm can be on top
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #16
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 Iroc-Z28 View Post
hopefully in a few years gm can be on top
It's unlikely that "GM" will ever be on top of that chart. GM isn't very recognizable, imo, now "Chevy" (bow tie) has a better chance to someday be there, although it's probably a long shot too. And yes, I know that Chevy is technically GM, but this is trademark talk, which is not the same. <- That's why you see VW broken up in 3 there.

Last edited by Tsar; 05-03-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: VW thing.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
This isn't based on some sales numbers, clearly Microsoft would annihilate Apple if that was the case, not to mention market share.

This is about the most recognizable trade marks, and their power. When apple makes a new product, BAM - they sell it no matter how bad it is - that's brand power, I've heard numerous people say that they will buy the iPad solely based on the fact that apple made it, that's 100% brand power and nothing else. Take McDonalds for example, you will recognize their brand/trademark anywhere in the world, and if you're stuck in some no name Tibet village that trademark will bring in the business because you know what you will get once you step inside their establishment. And may god have mercy on your soul if you actually try to infringe on one of these trademark.

I'm sure they have some top secret formula how to figure this out, just like the BCS..

thats not the best analogy to help things along in this conversation...cause everyone knows the bcs is flawed
Old 05-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Where is Ferrari on that list, I'm wondering.....They've been around a while and have a pretty recognizable logo among cultures.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #19
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
thats not the best analogy to help things along in this conversation...cause everyone knows the bcs is flawed
Analogy was flawed on purpose. Who says this formula isn't? After all it's pretty hard (read as, no concrete way) to put an accurate pricetag on a trademark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
Where is Ferrari on that list, I'm wondering.....They've been around a while and have a pretty recognizable logo among cultures.
You know about Ferrari because you're a car enthusiast, you show it to my mother, and she will tell you it's a picture of a horse. Also people in Kenya or Afghanistan might have no clue what a Ferrari is, they sure as hell know Toyota though - hence the whole "global" survey.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
You know about Ferrari because you're a car enthusiast, you show it to my mother, and she will tell you it's a picture of a horse. Also people in Kenya or Afghanistan might have no clue what a Ferrari is, they sure as hell know Toyota though - hence the whole "global" survey.
Both of my grandmothers knew about Ferrari's and they weren't car people, and the vast majority of my family are not gearheads. I was going to say that not many people in the same areas you mentioned might know what BMW is but it does say it on the logo . Not sure if they know what the brand does though. Mainstream brands such as Toyota I could definitely see since they are semi affordable for a developing country.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #21
BigAls87Z28

Ahhhhh...Id bet if you show a Ferrari to anyone, people will know what that is before a 5 series or a Camry, so I dont buy that either. What you are saying is that more people think Toyota AND Honda, are more valuable then Benz, who makes one of the finest and best vehicles in the world?
Nissan over Audi?
So...yeah, ********. And we are talking about world, so Toyota iQ's vs Ferrari 599's.
Nissan Versa's over Audi R8's?
The more I think about this, the worse this whole article is.

And yes, GM cannot make it because GM does not make cars. Ford happens to be up there because there is a Ford brand.

Notice that Lexus isnt there, but Toyota is? Again, that post and this whole thread is pretty much a pile of ****. If Tsar and Asshat were to make up random dollar amounts just so they think they are gunna piss someone off in the world, THAT would make more sense.
This whole thing makes ZERO sense and has no bearing on the the real automotive world.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #22
Tsar
MIR

Wow, I can't believe you're actually that dumb, I gave you too much credit before.

No one goes around and shows 599's and Camry's to anyone. Do you know what a trademark actually is? I suspect you do not. It's not about what you think is more valuable it is about what's more recognizable, there's a distinct difference. If you take a quick flight to Afghanistan, for example, you will probably see a handful of Ferraris at best. However, you will see a lot of Toyota pick up trucks that say "TOYOTA" on them. So if you show a villager a prancing horse, or Toyota logo that he has seen on his life, which one do you think he will recognize?

I can't believe that recognizing a trademark concept is so difficult for you, it's actually quite amusing now. Gotta say this again, I thought you were more intelligent, guess not.

Last edited by Tsar; 05-03-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
BigAls87Z28

You ****in pick afganastan as your basis of comparison? Im the dumbass?
And the Ferrari vs Toyota thing is just ONE of the comparisons I made.
I dont think that they gatherd a bunch of Afgans around, and talked to them about car companies.
You can throw out insults, but you just look like an ass pulling these stupid polls out of no where just to try and prove some sort of point, or just do it to be an *******.
Be it a village in the Congo, or the shores of Malibu, they balance eachother out.
You are pulling in extremes, and that means nothing but to prove some stupid point.
Im the idiot? You are talking about waring tribes in Afganistan....
If we use your RIDICULOUS use of Afganistan, how many BMW's are running around the mountains? But they know that one, duh!
Dont forget all the Honda Ridgelines that the Al Qaeda are running around in the West Africa.
That article, this post, and you are so full of ****, you must change your pants every time you think hard.

edit:
im not saying that Toyota shouldnt be in the top. It should, as its one of the best selling brands in the world.
But the fact that BMW beat it out makes no sense. That Honda beat out Benz.
That Nissan beat out VW?

********, and thats my point. This whole thing is worthless.
There has to be a multiplyer in here that Im missing.
VW outsells Nissan everywhere in the world, except for maybe Japan and America.

Toyota, VW, and Ford should have taken the top 3.

Ford's "value" went up because of Sync? Sync is damn year 3 years old now.
It just says the "value" went down. How they get this "value" is beyond me.

BMW, while a prestige brand, is not #1. If you were to base it of sales, id say that MB beats out BMW hands down. Benz offers everything from an A class car, to a large cargo van, to a 250k supercar.
BMW offers none of that. Lets not forget Benz mid and HD trucks.
Its not sales, its not dollar per sales, its not sales per country. Its just random made up numbers.

this just in, Madagascar is now the #1 Island in the world due the fantastic success of the two movies. Hawaii was #2 because pineapple sales are down.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 05-03-2010 at 11:31 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #24
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I can see BMW on top. BMWs are friggin everywhere in Europe. Then you take in account all the BMWs in the US. Then add the profit margin they make of US sales alone. I'm really surprised MB isn't #2 or even #1. MB makes everything. Busses, cars, trucks, everything. And they're EVERYWHERE in the world. MB taxis in Italy, MB busses in India, MB cars in Yemen, etc.

I'm a little surprised Porsche is #5. They also have Porsche, Audi, and WV listed separately. I know they all used to be the same company, when did that stop?

Is the Renault rating before or after they bought Chrysler?
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:27 AM   #25
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
you just look like an ass pulling these stupid polls out of no where just to try and prove some sort of point,

same can be said with your gm propaganda posts? and yes....im still an ass

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 05-04-2010 at 02:27 AM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge