Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #1
WayFast84

12 bolt rear $1500 firm

I purchased this from Jake aka qwikz28. It doesn't have new backing plates with it but here is the break down.

Quote:
I have a Moser 12 bolt - 4 channel, 3:73s, TrueTrac, 33 spline, 1350 yoke, Aluminum rear cover, extended ARP studs, new GM backing plates (see pics, backing plates are bent from falling off jack stands during storage).

The rear was originally a 4:10 set up but I had Josh at JS Performance swap out the gears for 3:73s. Apparently something about the gears being different style carriers causes them to have a slight hum/whine from about 45-55mph (as indicated on my dash). Nothing terrible like a bad bearing, but you'll definitely notice it is there. Unless I"m in a highway gear, my motor drowns it out.

I redid the bearings over the Fall and added seals (Moser just uses RTV, some guys on this forum helped me with that). I also replaced the rear diff cover gasket with a Mr. Gasket and refilled the rear with Motul 300 (as recommended by Moser). It was when I swapped out the bearings that I decided to replace the backing plates (GM stopped production of them shortly after so I was lucky with that).

Last, I should note that I am the second owner of this rear. The original owner was a older gentleman in upstate NY that had a Firehawk with a built motor. He took the car to the strip, but I didn't. I had Josh inspect it when I went in for the gear change, which I believe was back in 07 or 08. Diff looks good and has been flawless since, with the exception of the leaky seals I replaced last fall.
Original sale thread with pics http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65379
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts