Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
edpontiac91

Considering a 2017 Chevy LT Cruze RS Hatchback

Has anybody bought a new Cruze? I am looking for something with sporty looks and decent performance. What do you think of the base 1.4 Turbo and can the CRAP START/ STOP feature be bypassed? I am looking at one with Hot Red LT Hatchback with a lot really useful options. The RS has some visual accents that give it some extra spunk. The list price is just over $25,000, but there are a few discounts from GM that can lower this. The 2018 will have a 9-speed auto trans, but I don't foresee the 1.5 Turbo (250 hp) as being an option. I may also be selling my 2002 Grand Prix. I have it listed in Classified Section.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
V
Stalker

I had a 2011 cruze which wasn't bad so when they announced the hatchback I was interested in it especially in rs trim. I ended up not considering it since there was no upgraded performance option. I also saw a non rs hatchback in person the other day and did not like it at all. It looked like an egg. As for the start stop feature, a few months ago I was driving a 2017 cadillac ats with it and it was pretty annoying but luckily it did have a button to turn it off. However, once you turned off the car and restarted it, the start-stop feature was active again. There may be a company that makes a switch adapter to keep it off, like the logic switch thing for traction control on the fourth gen f body cars.

Last edited by V; 07-30-2017 at 07:08 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I have a 2016 Cadillac CTS with the start/stop feature. Yes, it is disconcerting at first, but you get used to it and in my case, I actually came to like it. At longer stop lights, you'll appreciate the silence of reduced NVH by the engine being off. It's quite refreshing.

Can't help you with the new Cruze, but my buddy has the new Trax which is just a tall Cruze, I believe, and he's happy with it. He's coming from a 2014 Cruze and he's happy with the upgrade and AWD.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge