Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-03-2004, 06:47 AM   #1
skorpion317

4 more years

looks like bush has won, apparently. although ohio may have some provisional ballots to count, bush's lead in that state is more than the amount of provisional ballots, so there's nothing Kerry can do.

the republicans also gained control of the senate, taking out Tom Daschle in the process.

i voted for bush.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
jims69camaro

thank god we've got a chance at a clean end to the war in iraq. perhaps even continue to clean up that area without dedicating more troops than absolutely need to be there. i say send in the seal teams (2) and the rangers (1) and the black guard from england to take out the leaders left in al-qaeda, then see how things shape up from there.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:25 AM   #3
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

He's just gonna dig us deeper into Iraq, and go after Iran next. Unless news has changed from 7 AM then Kerry still has a chance

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Kerry still has a mathematical chance in Ohio, but the majority of the absentee ballots that haven't been counted are from the military, which seems to strongly support Bush.

I'm just upset that Jack Ball lost here in Ewing

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:32 AM   #5
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

- Justin
Yeah, Ewing is full of idiots that keep electing people who jack up our taxes. My property taxes have gone up 95% since we bought our house.

All I can say is we're lucky Bush was the president when 9/11 happened(thanks to Clinton) because Al Gore would have been a disaster.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:36 AM   #6
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

- Justin
Yeah, Ewing is full of idiots that keep electing people who jack up our taxes. My property taxes have gone up 95% since we bought our house.
Yea, idiots who elect idiots......Steinmen lives around the corner from me.....I think it's neat how last year, his dead end street was the only one in my neighborhood to get repaved

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:40 AM   #7
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Dubya finally got the power...good
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #8
BlueFBird

i dont get it states like ohio that lost soo many jobs overseas still vote for bush. how dumb can you be. Pennsylvania was Republicans until they lost so many job to shipping overseas now their democrats. i guess Ohio was just too stupid to realize this. Now were gona get dug in depper in the war. Now were gona be there for another 10 years while troops die. I hate Bush.

thank you for lettin me vent lol
Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #9
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

How dumb can you be?

Our generation listens to much to the like of the Daily Show & MTV.

Bush will get us out of Iraq the right way. Kerry just wants to pull the plug in one shot. You just dont leave a country, thats what got us ****ed the last time in Iraq. And you wonder why Osama hated us so much?

In WWII the US spent 4 years occupying Germany, and still fought pockets of resistance. Did we give up then just for a few die-hard people who still wanted some action? No we stuck with it, and got Germany back on its feet.

The goal is to get Iraq on its feet. And the liberal media will not talk about the good things that US troops & Companies have done for that country. It takes time, this isnt a microwave war.

Now Im all fired up
Old 11-03-2004, 11:45 AM   #10
BlueFBird

how many times is bush gona change his motive for iraq. first it was weapons. then saddam then osama, liberation. And why arent other countries with the UNited states......OO cause they hate Bush so much. Yes it wouldnt have been easy for Kerry to take over presidency caus eof Iraq. But he would not have turned it into a year after year conflict cause we have a war happy president.

and i dont watch mtv or the daily show
Old 11-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #11
SpeakersGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
thank god we've got a chance at a clean end to the war in iraq. perhaps even continue to clean up that area without dedicating more troops than absolutely need to be there. i say send in the seal teams (2) and the rangers (1) and the black guard from england to take out the leaders left in al-qaeda, then see how things shape up from there.
MY PLAN:
1) Send a ton of oil tankers at once to get all of the oil out of iraq.
2) Send 4 Nukes over to Iraq and blow it all to hell. Kill em all, let god sort em out.
3) Turn Iraq into a giant overflow parkinglot for an amusement park in Israel. Send all of the unemployed Americans over there, and every citizen will have a job. And give them and their families a season pass to whichever amusement park the overflow lot goes to.
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:40 PM   #12
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
MY PLAN:
1) Send a ton of oil tankers at once to get all of the oil out of iraq.
2) Send 4 Nukes over to Iraq and blow it all to hell. Kill em all, let god sort em out.
3) Turn Iraq into a giant overflow parkinglot for an amusement park in Israel. Send all of the unemployed Americans over there, and every citizen will have a job. And give them and their families a season pass to whichever amusement park the overflow lot goes to.
id have voted for you lol but in this case i voted for bush...i think he handled everything that was going on the best he could under the circumbstances.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
How dumb can you be?

Our generation listens to much to the like of the Daily Show & MTV.

Bush will get us out of Iraq the right way. Kerry just wants to pull the plug in one shot. You just dont leave a country, thats what got us ****ed the last time in Iraq. And you wonder why Osama hated us so much?

In WWII the US spent 4 years occupying Germany, and still fought pockets of resistance. Did we give up then just for a few die-hard people who still wanted some action? No we stuck with it, and got Germany back on its feet.

The goal is to get Iraq on its feet. And the liberal media will not talk about the good things that US troops & Companies have done for that country. It takes time, this isnt a microwave war.
i usually don't like to get into political arguments, but i'm tired of bush supporters thinking they can just **** all over everybody else. i think you've been watching too much o'reilly factor.

kerry does NOT want to pull the plug on iraq. he just sees what a disaster it is (something that bush would NEVER admit, just look at the number of times he's changed his excuse for having a war in the first place). osama and them hate us because we're there, not because we go there and leave. there's 2 main reasons muslim radicals hate america. one is supporting israel, the other is keeping troops in the middle east, the holy land. if you think about women's roles in the ME, they can't do anything without a man's permission, and they must be completely covered all the time. well guess what, we have women in the military, who feel like they don't have to abide by those rules. add in that they're in the middle of the "holy land", and they have a big problem with that. and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

you argue that the reason we got into this mess is becuase is because we just packed up and left once we got saddam out of kuwait, but that's not true. just look at a map of where our soldiers have been for the last 10 years, trust me we've been there.

and bringing up germany is just stupid. now, while i agree that rebuilding a country can't be accomplished in a short amount of time (which although unbelievable, was the scenario that bush gave us), there was a big difference between nazi germany and iraq, the difference being we were attacked by germany's political army. did you know that we didn't even declare war on germany after pearl harbor? we declared war on japan, and then germany declared war on us. germany was a real threat to us, they had submarines and planes, as well as the largest active military force in the world. at that point, we didn't even know anything about the holocaust.

i think the 2 main reasons that the "liberal" media focuses on the bad things that happen iraq are that 1)the media never focuses on good things, and 2)they feel that there was never a good reason for going there in the first place, and i agree with that. there are definitely better places for our military forces to be in the world right now. like how about afghanistan? we didn't finish there, because saddam was such a huge threat to our freedom and our way of life. newsflash, iraq couldn't hit us with a spitball if they wanted to. so now, instead of leaving a predictable nut case in charge and finishing what we started in afghanistan, not to mention having the military power to force ACTUAL NUCLEAR THREATS like north korea and iran to back down, we our over our heads in **** trying to clean up a mess that was the result of bush's personal vendetta against saddam.

the ONLY promise that bush made while in office that he came thru on was the tax cut. let's take a look at his track record:

rebuild the post 9/11 economy: didn't do it
capture osama: didn't do it
rebuild afghanistan: not only did we not finish there, but now afghanistan supplies 95% of europe's heroin
make our country "more secure": you can argue it either way, but i don't feel more secure at the airport. hell, you could get on the train with a bomb any day. i ride the train and path in newark/jersey city 4 to 6 times a month, and i never even see a COP there.

so kiss bush's ass all you want, but i really can't believe that there are people out there who actually think that bush is the best the republican party has to offer.

this is the first and last political argument you'll see me make on this board.

Sold: 1998 Trans Am
SLP Lid, Magnaflow Catback, Stock Hurst w/ JSS, BMR APHR, Chrome ZR1's

Currently Driving: 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Parents bought it from my neighbor's father for $500
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #14
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Repairing everything takes time. Bush got us into the mess, he needs to get us out of it. Kerry is not the man for the job.

I agree, it's a mess. But this is not Vietnam. And there's not gonna be a draft.

And personally I vote republican because of issues other than war. Everyone focuses on the war, and that's it. What about unions? My dad has had guns pulled on him from union workers and unions picketing his freelance work, and democrats support them. what about taxes? My family gets by on just enough money. Taxes don't need to be raised or else we're screwed. What about morals? But i'm not even gonna go there.

It's all a metter of personal opinion, and you can sign me up for the war before you want to draft me in it. I will fight for my country. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, i'm just telling you why I voted. If we were'nt all different, we would all be gray blobs of life that do nothing but reproduce by budding. So this is natural.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #15
MyLittlePony

Honestly, I didnt' make up my mind about 5 seconds before I walked in to vote, and I voted for Bush. Bottom line, he got us into this, he needs to get us out of it. When it comes down to it, I feel safer with him staying in office. There are things he did I don't agree with, but I agree with him alot more than I agreed with anything that Kerry had to say. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, that's just how I voted, and i'm happy about it.

2004 Mustang GT (SOLD)...you may not like them, but I got mine for free...and hey, it goes in AND out of the driveway too
MyLittlePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
JL8Jeff

My personal opinion about the presidency is that 4 years is too short for a term in this day and age so whoever wins should get 6-8 years and that's it. Bush had a plan when he took office 4 years ago. 9/11 happened a 1-1/2 years into his presidency so you can throw out all the plans and start over. We are better off letting Bush serve a 2nd term to complete what has happened in his 1st term. It's not worth getting into political arguments because you can't force people to change their perspective on things. I really wish we could some how come up with a strong 3 party system which would really make things interesting. The 2 party system always makes it us against them. And it always turns into "look how bad their guy is" and not "look how good our guy is".
Old 11-03-2004, 03:02 PM   #17
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
My personal opinion about the presidency is that 4 years is too short for a term in this day and age so whoever wins should get 6-8 years and that's it. Bush had a plan when he took office 4 years ago. 9/11 happened a 1-1/2 years into his presidency so you can throw out all the plans and start over. We are better off letting Bush serve a 2nd term to complete what has happened in his 1st term. It's not worth getting into political arguments because you can't force people to change their perspective on things. I really wish we could some how come up with a strong 3 party system which would really make things interesting. The 2 party system always makes it us against them. And it always turns into "look how bad their guy is" and not "look how good our guy is".
i couldn't have said it better myself.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #18
JPiZZiJP

There shouldn't be political parties at all. George Washington said so himself.

~Joe
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #19
Pat

Quote:
i agree that the system is due for a change, especially when the two parties are so similar.

Sold: 1998 Trans Am
SLP Lid, Magnaflow Catback, Stock Hurst w/ JSS, BMR APHR, Chrome ZR1's

Currently Driving: 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Parents bought it from my neighbor's father for $500
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:13 PM   #20
SpeakersGoBoom

One thing i dont understand...how is the war in Iraq a "war on terror"? True, saddam did murder his own citizens, but there was no proof that he was going to be a threat to us. the invasion of afghanistan is justified in my mind, but iraq...and what about the genocide in sudan? Bush is all but refusing to acknowledge that its happening. He vowed to fight terrorism wherever it may be a threat to freedom He has no plans to take action in sudan. That says one of two things. Either he doesnt stand by his principles, or we're in iraq for other reasons.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:24 PM   #21
89 Trans Am WS6

Just so you know cops do ride planes/trains buses now they just are not in uniform..

btw..i feel better with bush in office..kerry definitly wasnt good for the job..someone who got 4 purple hearts and never had a stich..yeah ok..besides his family wanted nothing to do with the election..but then again...would you if you were the sole heir to the hinze(sp) corporation?
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:31 PM   #22
SpeakersGoBoom

Heinz
Old 11-03-2004, 06:57 PM   #23
BigAls87Z28

First Pres since the Great Depresion to lose jobs over his 4 years, and we vote him back in.

I dont think Kerry was great, but Bush is horrible. I was more in the "anyone but Bush" colum.
We have troops involved in a war that has no basis.
Forget what Kerry would have done, you cant say anything becaue he wasnt in control...But look what Bush did.

America as a nation has no clue about Islamic belifes. We just know that they are crazy and always want to kill Americans.
I really hope that there is no draft, but with Bush throwing our Military into every cave and spider hole in the middle east, we are spreading ourselves pretty thin.
How come Bush didnt go after Osama? HE DID ATTACK AMERICA!! HELLOOOO! What did Iraq do to America?
Why didnt Bush finish what he started in Afganistan? Why doesnt he go after N.Korea? Why are we bypassing countries that have come out and shown there WMD?

Bush Sr. was right in not going into Iraq in 91. He knew he would be bogged down in a Iraq if he went after him. He had a goal, and that was to drive the Republican Guard out of Kuwait to stablize the region.
We went in with a goal, finished it off with such speed that it boggled the world, and we got results.
Now we have troops going from house to house, kicking down doors and giving the Iraqi people someone to hate.
We are getting picked off one by one by people who do not want us there. They are the Vietcong of the 21st century. Its not a matter of large losses in Iraq...its the daily "4 more died today in a car bomb" reports that slowly degrades America's morale.
On top of all of this, we have little support from countries who back in 91 followed us into the desert.
And that is just the Iraq war. Thats not economy, thats not domestic policy.

Put it this way...What exactly did Bush do right this past 4 years? Went to war in Afganastan, but has since put it on the back burner.
Has got us bogged down in a house to house battle
Loss of jobs and healthcare

Another 4 years of this...I can only hope that nothing else happens. The only good thing to come out of this is that he cant run anymore after this.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:19 PM   #24
JL8Jeff

I'm not gonna get into stupid arguments.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:25 PM   #25
89 Trans Am WS6

How about this guys.

THe president is human. Humans do stupid things (Read: GM discontinues fbody). Theres not one president we have had since the birth of the nation that everyone has liked. We havnt, we wont, lets all just calm down and deal with it. Lets get back to cars. 8)

Bob Lutz for pres!
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge