Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #1
JPiZZiJP

LT1 ALIGNMENT TOOL HELP!

Hey, I just got my clutch in the mail recently and the idiots at SLP left out the alignment tool.... so I am frantically searching for one so my friend can install my clutch tomorrow.

Anyone have the alignment tool for this? I live in Middlesex (near New Brunswick) and need to get one ASAP... if anyone has it please msg me on AIM JPIZZIJP or e-mail me at pwconsultingnj(at)vtext.com (it will go to my cell phone) with a callback #.

Just trying to see if any of you have it, this way I don't have to call around to GM shops all over the state trying to find out.

THANKS!
~Joe
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:15 PM   #2
The Fixer

You won't have to get it from a GM dealer. Any self-respecting local auto parts store should have something like that available. It should be a plastic dowel several inches long with 26 splines on it to line the clutch up.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
JPiZZiJP

TPI, thanks man, the 26 spline info really helped, however I guess most auto shops aren't respectable; I had to call up about 40 different shops until I found. Most places just don't carry them anymore because they come with a clutch kit, however mine didn't come with one.

~Joe
Old 11-17-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
The Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiZZiJP
TPI, thanks man, the 26 spline info really helped, however I guess most auto shops aren't respectable; I had to call up about 40 different shops until I found. Most places just don't carry them anymore because they come with a clutch kit, however mine didn't come with one.
No problem Joe. The two clutches that we've installed on my Monte both came with the alignment tool like you said. I would have offered you mine, but I don't know if one I have would have worked for you since I'm not sure about the thickness of an LT1 clutch vs. a standard clutch. Plus, I'm an hour away in North Jersey, so getting the tool in time would have been a PITA for you.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
j0n

hey joe i need your notary assistence...call me after 2PM ok? thanks
Old 11-17-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
JPiZZiJP

TPI,

I got lucky... I almost ended up driving 2 hours down to a shop in south Jersey, but then I kept on calling a few more places closer to home. IRONICALLY, the place I got it from is within walking distance from my house lol (I should have called them first).

What really sucks... I was expecting to pay $20 for it (most places that said they could order it said it would run about $20), okay, fine. So the place I actually buy it from has it, and the guy only wants $5. I only had $20's on me, and he didn't have change = I ended up paying $20 for it anyway. lol

~Joe
Old 11-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
Tony Danza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiZZiJP
TPI,

I got lucky... I almost ended up driving 2 hours down to a shop in south Jersey, but then I kept on calling a few more places closer to home. IRONICALLY, the place I got it from is within walking distance from my house lol (I should have called them first).

What really sucks... I was expecting to pay $20 for it (most places that said they could order it said it would run about $20), okay, fine. So the place I actually buy it from has it, and the guy only wants $5. I only had $20's on me, and he didn't have change = I ended up paying $20 for it anyway. lol

~Joe
What shop in South jersey were you going to go to?
Stock suspension and rear for now.
Daily driver- '04 Sub Forrester 2.5XT
Tony Danza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:25 AM   #8
j0n

hows the new clutch feel bro?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge